2017 Honest Cabling that doesn’t promote bankruptcy

Looking for experiences and recs for current mid to upper mid level cabling solutions

I’m talking about ICs and Speaker cables that do not require plans for high jacking an armored car with a couple gallons of chloroform and a helicopter with a really big magnet?

Neither is it a matter of seeking out an ‘all system’ same brand and model loom, though it could be.

In Your opinion and or experience which signal cables (or mix of) have proven themselves recently to enable a revealing system to maintain or demonstrate its integrity, truth and musicality on its best level?

Or, in other words, With which current line of wires or ‘cables’ would you feel very confident using to connect your upscale stereo outfit in 2017?

New, or pre-owned?

… and why, please?
Thanks so very much. j
blindjim
Best bang for buck is AudioArt and ZU .
ZU off E-bay is best deal on anything in all of Audio.

AudioArt is VERY good on harmonics ! 
@nutty,
That is correct. In anticipation of getting a new disc player in the next couple of months, I immediately ordered a set of XLR cables from Paul last week, as soon as I heard about his surgery. Got them today. Listening to my music with those new wires. His silver wires do not sound edgy at all. I also love those Puresonic connectors on them.
Just got Audio Art Classic RCAs for $100 pair. Burn-in time 170 hours, they got 5 hours so far. Pretty good already, a bit edgy and bass is not there yet. I will probably exchange it for SE with Xhadow plugs, they now also got standard size Xhadow plugs. I am a Purist Audio fan but can't afford another Neptune, so I thought why not try this, some members here had very good results with them. Rob is great to talk to, responded to email on Sunday. They also appear to work quite well in a chain with the Neptune, at least in my system. I'll see, 165 more hours. Oh, by the way, I burn in cables with analog source, no bloody digital anywhere to be found. Call me what you wish, I know it's better.
Blindjim- I think the choice of cable is system dependent. Ideally, the cables should be neutral, as should the components, but the reality, in my experience, is that different components sound different, and when combined with other components - the very nature of a system-- the results may vary. I don't think this is a very scientific approach, but having first started experimenting with different speaker cables back in the late '80s, I heard differences (over a pair of old Quad ESLs driven by a modest sized ARC tube amp).
Fast forward> when I switched to horns in 2006, I had to hand some Van De Hul cable. It sounded fine. The amps were at first Audiopax 88's, which were a curious design, and I got Cardas cable to match them. Sounded better, if I recall. I eventually replaced the amps with Lamm SETs and replaced everything with Kubala Sosna (mostly Emotion, but one stretch of Elation at the front end). I really haven't felt the need to upgrade, though I imagine if I tried other cable, I would get different results.
Now, for something completely different, I got those old Quad ESLs restored, along with the matching amps, and decided to be "anti-audiophile" about the cable. I had a big roll of 12 gauge copper stranded cable. It sounds fine. (I'm using inexpensive Wireworld interconnect, which I'm sure could be bettered, but it is pretty well made and cheap by audiophile standards). Since I couldn't leave well enough alone, I decided to explore some other speaker cable. I have some Canare 4S11 en route--a pretty inexpensive DIY alternative. I may also try the faux WE stuff at some point. My goal on this vintage system isn't just to keep costs down (though cost is certainly a factor), but to keep within the spirit of this older equipment. Back when I first started using the Quad, in 1973, it was pretty much zip cord and there was no high grade interconnect being marketed- I suppose DIY at that time exceeded what was generally available commercially. 
I don't have any holistic view on this- the main system is pretty settled, and my continuing experiments on the vintage system cable are probably only going to yield conclusions applicable to that system. 

If you are still up in the air about what amp and speaker choices you are making, I'd wait until you sort that out first. I don't think these assessments can be done in isolation (or, as another poster above said, there is no one "best" cable for all systems). 
Have fun with this. Take advantage of The Cable Company loaner program (which I've never done) to the extent you can.