Looking to upgrade from a Clearaudio Ambient (garrard 301 vs technics sp10?)

Hello!

I have been using audiogon for guidance since I started the hobby 5 years ago and you haven't steered  me wrong yet. 

I have the upgrade itch and need your help though. 

I currently have a clearaudio ambient with a morch dp6 + ART-9 ---> doshi alaap ---> Audiog horizons pre ---> plinius SA-100 ---> Kef reference 1's. 

I do love the set-up but feel the table might be a little too clinical sounding. Any suggestions on upgrades in the 5-6K range?. Used is good for me!

Thanks in advance!
emalka
Thanks for the quick reply, guys!

I have an opportunity to buy a Bauer Audio DPS turntable with a Schroeder arm for ~ 5000K. 

What do you guys think?

I think 5 million dollars is a bit too much, but the Bauer appears to be a plain looking yet original design.  If you are getting the Ayre power supply with the Bauer, then this sounds like a good deal at $5K.  This is coming from a direct-drive aficionado.  Seems like an Avid Acutus would be similar in concept and cost, for a comparison.
I haven't heard the DPS table and have only heard the Ambient with a Clearaudio tone arm so I can't tell you if the Bauer will get you what you want. I know that Ayre used to sell that TT so I assume it must be a good one. If you have a chance to hear it before you buy it I would do that. Again good luck.
Of course, it's more fun to major on the minors.

Looks like you have been at this for some time.
 I looked at your old gear and saw you were running a Tube pre amp
 into a 10 K load and then were ???? blaming the amp.
You have spent a fair amount on your system changing time and again.
Does it seem like a good question to ask even when you think your table / Cart is dialed in what will I have?
If you really ask yourself will I be long term happy?
Am I in a designers fashion speaker contest or simply trying to play music? Could it be just a small change I am seeking? or do I want something much
bigger and long term?
If I were you the loudspeakers is where I would go.
A listen to Vandersteen Treo CT take up the same space and will have a far more cohesive and satisfying music delivery.
 Best,
  JohnnyR
Yes I know I am a Vandersteen dealer
 but promise you its the truth!