Need a preamp with tone controls!

OK, most audiophiles would say I shouldn't need tone controls, but I have a good system that plays QUALITY recordings beatifully, so much that it makes me not even want to listen to many of my 70's & 80's stuff. This comprises the largest part of my collection. So I've been looking at McIntosh preamps...great tone controls/equalizers, etc. Any others out there of audiophile quality???
128x128cohicks4
Many options out there, but i've heard the octave Hp700 in which it's an option & The AVM ovation 8 series pre. Both are very good, although the HP700 is expensive but top notch stuff.
T+A Elektroakustic  Previously enjoyed Under $2000

SST Thoebe II   Previously enjoyed around $3000

Depending on taste,  these are both very good. 

The SST Ambrosia that Audioman58 is a great pre also
Some great advice, thank you all! I will end this post someday with what I chose to purchase.
Sincerily,
Steve
This may not be an option, but here is what I’ve done. Since I purchased a new amp, minor things like noise really stands out ( zu omen def speakers). Before, I had a Pioneer EQ in my chain for night time listening ( minor low end boost...mainly used as a loudness switch). With the new amp, however, the EQ is a hissy noise machine. When I hit the EQ bypass switch, everything becomes quiet and pitch black. I took the EQ out of the chain altogether. The new amp has better bass than previous amp. Low and behold, the Bluesound Node and Roon both have tone controls within their apps under settings. Plus, the node has an analog in, so I plugged my oppo into that. The sound is really good and I can switch on and off as needed. If you do mostly hi Rez, streaming or Roon, there is an option within their apps.