Looking for Better Jitter Reduction in a DAC

I'm looking to improve the jitter control in my digital setup, which hopefully will create a more analogue presentation. I own a PS Audio PW Memory Transport, which sports a FPGA, and a Nuwave DSD DAC with a scaled-down version of the gate array.

I have owned a Chord which uses this technology and it was like listening to analogue recordings. I sold it only because it's soundstage was very forward, like sitting in the front row of a concert hall. My current PS Audio setup has wide and deep imaging, as does my Atma-Sphere preamp.
   I have auditioned the Schiit Grundir and it was a bit too fast in the attack and transients, but had the dynamics and deep imaging that I like. So, I guess what I'm looking for is a unit with a laid-back, realistic musical presentation.

The Mytek Digital Stereo192 DSD and Blue Circle DAC are in my price range, but there is no way to audition them.
  So any recommendation and advice is appreciated. DSD preferred, budget is about $1200 used.

128x128lowrider57
Have you tried the Empirical Audio Sychro Mesh? Its a reclocker device and supposedly reduces jitter and other digital issues. I would read up on it.
Why do you think jitter reduction is the solution, lowrider? Those DACs you auditioned have much simpler reasons for their sonic differences than jitter. I owned the Hegel HD-12 and found it to have the sound character you describe, which coincidentally has the lowest jitter specification I have seen. Can be had used for much less than your budget. Now using Exogal Comet Plus which I bought used for exactly your target price and it is pretty amazing.

The Holo DAC shadorne recommends would be a top candidate in this price category also.

Have you tried different USB cables (if you use USB)? Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 is very fast sounding but can be mercilessly bright (not for you). Curious USB is very balanced sounding and could be what you are looking for in sound character. Purist Audio 30th Anniversary is better still but expensive.

Dave
Sorry guys, I forgot to include some details in my post. My primary need is for Redbook playback thru the PSA transport, computer audio via USB is secondary.

With a PS Audio setup, I am able to use the HDMI interface (I2S) which transfers the clocked signal and data on separate conductors, versus SPDIF which combines all data. The transport stores the data from the CD into a buffer, then clocks it, and sends a jitter-free signal to the DAC where it is reclocked. There is a major difference in performance between my budget PSA DAC and the higher-end DAC's using FPGA.

Yes, I'm very familiar with the Synchromesh. I spoke to Steve and almost bought one, but since I'm not using SPDIF, the I2S technology is already reclocking the data.

I have tried different coax cables (1.5 meter), but the HDMI always sounds best. I believe the Nuwave DAC is the weak link.
Thanks for the critical info, lowrider. If you wish to continue to use I2S from your transport your options for a different DAC are very limited (none?) in that price range AFAIK.

Dave