Personal speaker evolution

OK, so here is a thread I haven't ever seen here: What speakers have you owned? starting with the earliest, price paid, new/used, and perhaps the models that really impressed you (for the price) in CAPS.

Rat Shack Something or others, $120, new
Fisher Something or others, $280, new
ADS L710's, $550, new
Snell A2i's, $1100, used
BEVERIDGE SYSTEM 3'S, $1000, used
Martin Logan CLS, $1400, used
MARTIN LOGAN SL3'S, $2300, used
pmwoodward
Cal Hi-Fi house brand 3-way, 12", bought as part of a complete system in 1968 for $500

EPI 150, new, ~$200-$300
ESS Heil Towers, new, $ ?
Yamaha NS-1000 (new, $1,000--what was I thinking?)
Quad ESL-57 (used, $500)
Avalon Eclipse ($7200--what the hell was I thinking?)
Spendor SP 1/2 (used, ~$1450)
ProAc Response 2.5 (used, ~$2500)
Paul Woodward: I USED but NEVER BOUGHT Bose! I was too poor during law school to have anything so had to accept the 301s as loaners for the 3 yrs I cracked the big books. I have to confess, though: I thought they sounded FINE! I had a big beer keg party after our first-year exams and my sister broke her ankle dancing to the cranked up 301's!! I'm not lying, this was 1981 and I was playing the Stones Tattoo You and Emotional Discharge (or whatever it was called), and the poor girl danced till she dropped. It was a great party and mostly due to the Bose's (well, maybe something to do w/the keg).
Mine will be a fairly long list, but to the best of my ability I will list in order what I have owned. Some of these I owned at the same time.

RCA table top turntable with "HI Fi speaker"
Curtis Mathis Console with Gerrard Turntable
Bozak 301
Bozak Concerto
Bozak Concert Grand
KLH model 9
JBL S7R (vertical) with dual 15" woofers
Crown ESR
ESS Transtatic
Snell Type A
Essence 10B
Vandersteen 2C
Vandersteen 4
Vandersteen 4A
X-Static
Soundlab A1
Soundlab U1

I would like to add to the list, speakers that I had on loan (due to my affiliation in the business) or were Rep. samples.

Infinity 1001
Braun monitors
ESS Transtatic
Infinity Servo Static
Linn Isobaric
Jeez, I can't remember what I paid for my speakers, but here's the list:

Mission
Ohm Walsh
Apogee Duetta II
Spica Angelus
Celestion 600's
Martin Logan Quest Z *
Mirage Oasis *
YBA
B&W 302 *
B&W 601
B&W 303 *
B&W LM1 *
Totem Rokk
Gallo Micros *
Wharfdale 7.2
Martin Logan Aerius *
Apogee Cephus 6
ProAc Tablette 2000 *

I own multiple systems, the items in asterix I still own. I'm pretty sure I forgot a pair or two along the way, believe it or not. And my favourites: The Duettas, Martin Logan's, Totem, and Proac. The Spicas and Celestions did some things real well too. The B&W's are impossible to beat for the money. Damn, I think I've owned about 6000lbs worth of speakers over the last 25 years!
Well my list isn't near as impressive let me see where to start??

Well when I was 16 years old I bought a pair of Avalon Acoustic Eclipse, 4 years later I still have them and am saving for an upgrade. So yup in 4 years the only component I have never changed was my speakers, though they are now on the list, not that they will be changed any time soon:) its always nice to have a fall back plan!!

~Tim