Personal speaker evolution

OK, so here is a thread I haven't ever seen here: What speakers have you owned? starting with the earliest, price paid, new/used, and perhaps the models that really impressed you (for the price) in CAPS.

Rat Shack Something or others, $120, new
Fisher Something or others, $280, new
ADS L710's, $550, new
Snell A2i's, $1100, used
BEVERIDGE SYSTEM 3'S, $1000, used
Martin Logan CLS, $1400, used
MARTIN LOGAN SL3'S, $2300, used
pmwoodward
Almost speakers:

Hand-me-down mono hi-fi console by Emerson (from older brother) tube sound, wow! So little volume I would press my ear against the front where the "driver" was (may explain my deafness to some).
Hand-me-down stereo hi-fi console by Clairtone from older sister (in fact I sawed the two ends where the speakers were, to have separate boxes, neatly unfinished on one side; well two if you count the masonite back, but the back looked better than the off-side. Later sold them to a bass playing friend who hooked them up to his stereo and loved their sound. For some reason they played loud. Tube amp also, geez I was blessed.)

Speakers:

Dynaco A-25s
Pioneer HPM 100s
Allison:Ones
Thiel CS 3.5s (which I still have)
Paradigm Studio 100 v2s

A bunch of bookshelf systems for use elsewhere in the house or for ambiance channels, by Infinity, Acoustic Research, Celestion and Mission.

Candidates:

Listened to a number of speakers over the years, often in less than ideal conditions. The ones that still stick to my mind and may find their way into my system, weather and finances permitting: Vandersteen Fives, Dunlavy SC IV-A, Dynaudio Contour 3.3s or Confidence 5s. Speakers that I would like as an alternative to dynamic box speakers but that I still can't see as replacements for the aforesaid boxes: Magneplanar 3.6s. Speakers that I would like to audition: Thiel 7.2s and Verity Fidelios.
I bet I can win the prize for the weirdest starting point. At age 12, after reading about the new "acoustic suspension" speakers (yes, your prelate is revealing his age), I got two very heavy wide-mouthed five gallon jugs and two 4" drivers from an old Telefunken short wave receiver. I glued the drivers onto the necks of the jugs (with Duco Cement, anyone remember that evil stuff?), making sure I got a nice, air tight seal.

You can imagine the sound....

Come to think of it, I should have drilled holes in the bottoms of the jugs. Then I could have sued Michael Barnes over at nOrh for theft of intellectual property.

will
A pair or Ultralinears. Anyone remember? I knew they must be good because they were big, three way with 12 inch woofers.
Magnavox (gift from parents)
Rectilinear 3's - $300 used
Large Advents - $300
Definitive Technologies DR7 Bookshelves - $550, surprisingly good speakers.
Paradigm Mini MK3 - $300
LINN TUKANS - $895 - excellent speakers
MEADOWLARK AUDIO HOTROD KESTRALS - $1250(retail $1695, got a really good deal) Currently use these in my home theater.
EPOS ACOUSTICS M12s - $895 retail. These speakers never miss a beat, they are quite fabulous. Currently use in my listening room.
Mirage 190i - $150 used (almost forgot these, use them in my office with NAD reciever, sound pretty good for the $)