PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Preamplifier. DESTROYS SPEAKERS!!

A few months ago, bought TWO of the above mentioned preamps. ( I have 2 stereo systems)
Within 6 weeks of the purchase, the power supply of my speakers burns out!
I purchase and replace the power supply.
Three days later, the second newly replaced power supply is burnt out!
After much investigative work and heartache, I discover that the Pre amp is the problem.
It is defective and puts out DC. which burns out speakers.
After, testing the second unit, I find that it is defective as well, EXACTLY the same problem.
I return the units to my dealer, who returns them to Prima Lune.

I received a phone call from a Mr. Kevin Deal, big cheese at PrimaLuna.
Told me that the capacitors, on BOTH units had failed and the units were putting out DC.
He even THANKED me, for being a guinea pig, and discovering the flaw in his units.

He offered me a pair of tubes, as "compensation" for my troubles!! What a joker!!

WOW, a pair of tubes for blowing my $30,000. speakers!!

The height of arrogance and total disregard for the consumer of his product.
To all audiophiles, do yourself a favour, STAY AWAY for this brand, unless you want your speakers cooked.

TOTAL lack of quality control, MADE IN CHINA junk, what more needs to be said.

Mr. Deal, WAKE UP, and STOP selling defective products!!

If, you are using PrimaLuna, and your speakers fail, check the amp or pre amp.

George

Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
thorloki
Yeah, my US made Diesel jeans are not particularly good, nor are Italy made Diesel, just about equal. However, Japan made vintage Dior are top level, you can't compare. Sure, three times more expensive. Let's just not talk about food, some of it is a real junk, American and not.
@inna 

how things are made (I.,e design and quality) has nothing to do with where they are made. it has everything to do with who is designing them and the level of expertise and effort they are willing to invest into the effort.

@ timlub As a Prima Luna owner I chimed in because it is clear to me in my experience that PL products are superbly manufactured. I researched that QC before I made the jump from my Rogue. Just think it wasn't fair that some earlier posts labeled it as junk and to stay away, when I would highly recommend PL to anyone looking for the best sound possible where a 6-10k investment total in a sound system is a major investment.

As a relative newbie I followed this thread and found it interesting. Not only the customer service debate, but especially the engineering side. I really wanted to know if D.C. could come through like that. I believe we all have a lot more of the story and better idea of the technical issue. 

Cheers All
k

Dear fsonicsmith,

Here is what you said,

"I bet you are not the original owner of those ML's and paid a mere fraction of the $30K you kept spouting about."

I guess, it must be in your nature, to make STUPID assumptions!
I bought the speakers NEW, I am the ORIGINAL owner!
That is why they were repaired by Martin Logan at no charge, Martin Logan warranties are Not transferable.

Too bad you are not mature enough to deal with the issue, trying to discredit me reflects very badly on your level of intelligence.

My problem is, that Mr. Deal, feels that he has no responsibility because the speakers were repaired under warranty and and I am not out of pocket.

This is all true, however, my level of frustration was through the roof!
Martin Logan simply shipped me the parts, it took me the better part of 
TWO days, trying to locate the problem, and then,  taking the speaker apart and replace the power board.

Also, this had to be done TWICE, since the PrimaLuna destroyed the
newly newly installed power supply again, before we could track down the source of the problem!

Is a pair of tubes, proper compensation, for what happened here?
I personally think, NOT BY A LONG SHOT, however, I leave it to the
Audiogon community to pass judgement on this issue.

Also, Mr. Deal, you say that you replaced the capacitors in all your current stock, "just in case".

Mr. Deal, I ask you this, are you going to recall all the pre amps, THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY SOLD and are in customers systems?

Or, are you just going to lay low and hope that clients with blown speakers don't make the connection to your pre amps/amps.

Can we have an answer to this question, Mr Deal, the Audiogon community is waiting for  an answer, what are you going to do?

If, you truly care about your customers and you are honourable, you will 
issue a recall of all product sold and is in customers hands to fix the capacitors.

This recall, should be prominently displayed on your website, advising customers to return their product for repair/modification.

THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO, this is the LEAST you can do!

Mr Deal, we are all anxious to hear your decision on how you intend to handle this.