PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Preamplifier. DESTROYS SPEAKERS!!

A few months ago, bought TWO of the above mentioned preamps. ( I have 2 stereo systems)
Within 6 weeks of the purchase, the power supply of my speakers burns out!
I purchase and replace the power supply.
Three days later, the second newly replaced power supply is burnt out!
After much investigative work and heartache, I discover that the Pre amp is the problem.
It is defective and puts out DC. which burns out speakers.
After, testing the second unit, I find that it is defective as well, EXACTLY the same problem.
I return the units to my dealer, who returns them to Prima Lune.

I received a phone call from a Mr. Kevin Deal, big cheese at PrimaLuna.
Told me that the capacitors, on BOTH units had failed and the units were putting out DC.
He even THANKED me, for being a guinea pig, and discovering the flaw in his units.

He offered me a pair of tubes, as "compensation" for my troubles!! What a joker!!

WOW, a pair of tubes for blowing my $30,000. speakers!!

The height of arrogance and total disregard for the consumer of his product.
To all audiophiles, do yourself a favour, STAY AWAY for this brand, unless you want your speakers cooked.

TOTAL lack of quality control, MADE IN CHINA junk, what more needs to be said.

Mr. Deal, WAKE UP, and STOP selling defective products!!

If, you are using PrimaLuna, and your speakers fail, check the amp or pre amp.

George

Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
thorloki
 Mr. Deal, you say that you replaced the capacitors in all your current stock, "just in case".

Mr. Deal, I ask you this, are you going to recall all the pre amps, THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY SOLD and are in customers systems?

Or, are you just going to lay low and hope that clients with blown speakers don't make the connection to your pre amps/amps.

Can we have an answer to this question, Mr Deal, the Audiogon community is waiting for  an answer, what are you going to do?

If, you truly care about your customers and you are honourable, you will
issue a recall of all product sold and is in customers hands to fix the capacitors.

This recall, should be prominently displayed on your website, advising customers to return their product for repair/modification.

THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO, this is the LEAST you can do!

Mr Deal, we are all anxious to hear your decision on how you intend to handle this.

Thorloki 9-24-2017
Mr. Deal, I ask you this, are you going to recall all the pre amps, THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY SOLD and are in customers systems?

Or, are you just going to lay low and hope that clients with blown speakers don’t make the connection to your pre amps/amps.

Can we have an answer to this question, Mr Deal, the Audiogon community is waiting for an answer, what are you going to do?
Thorloki, as someone who has participated in this forum just about daily for the past nine years I have read and participated in countless threads involving users of PrimaLuna preamps and other components. Yours is the only instance I have ever seen in which a problem in a PrimaLuna component resulted in damage to another piece of equipment.

And if you have read my previous post in this thread, you will hopefully understand that the damage to your speakers may very well have resulted from a combination of circumstances that approaches being unique.

IMO your demands of Mr. Deal are uncalled for and unreasonable, and I for one am not a member of the community who is "waiting for an answer."

Disclaimer: I do not now nor have I ever had any affiliation, association, or interaction of any kind with Mr. Deal or PrimaLuna, not even as a user, and not even as a purchaser of the tubes he sells.

Regards,
-- Al

Sorry to hear of your bad luck.

Unfortunately a Manufacturer will only reimburse you commensurate with the cost of their product. Replacement, shipping expenses etc.

You can’t expect a manufacturer to accept to take consequential damages.

The only way to resolve that is through court.

I think your testimonial is an important alert about the QC of PrimaLuna Dialogue, however, that you were not offered reimbursement for consequential damage to your speakers is quite reasonable.

Think about it

Amp cost $2500. Manufacturer made perhaps a margin after expenses of perhaps $300.

If he were to replace your speakers at $30,000 then he would need to sell 100 amps to make back his losses...
Post removed 
@almarg 
Al,  I couldn't have said it better,  I was just about to respond to thorloki when I read your last post.  He simply signed into our community to try to destroy Kevin Deal and Prima Luna. 
He has a legitimate gripe, but he isn't dealing with the issue,  he is simply trying to hurt those involved even those involved had no ill  intent toward his negative situation and have taken steps to correct it.  thorloki, you have lost credibility with me.
Tim