Spendor, Harbeth...why so hot ?

I never had chance to listen them and compaire. But it appear that these speakers have very vocal crowd praising them. What are the advantages of these speakers versus equvalent B&W or Dynaudio? How they sound?
tinfoil26929
I have used a pair of LS3/5as (improved 11 Ohm version) for years as desktop speakers in my study. I recently replaced them with the Harbeth P3ESRs and these are clearly a lot better, with less colouration, better dynamics and a cleaner and more realistic bass. When it comes to big speakers, the Quad electrostats remain my favourites for speakers that disappear.
The new "D" series Spendors are very nice sounding loudspeakers. I have also listened to Harbeths. I think it depends on what amp/preamp/source  are used in the system, that makes the system and hence the loudspeakers, enjoyable to listen to. BTW, the Spendoes are not at all harsh as some people make them out to be. I think a wrong combination of amp/preamp is how some folks listened to, and came up with that conclusion.
If I had it to do over again, I’d have a pair of Harbeth 40.2’s. These are the most organic and natural sounding speakers out there. Tonally, they are correct. The last time I heard them they were being driven by top tier Naim electronics. I'd love to hear them with good tube electronics. 15-16k per pair ... a little steep for me at this point in my life.

Frank
Just curious if anyone else noticed the big time gap between the original thread and the 9/6/17 post by wjt3 that looks like a direct response to a comment made 16 1/2 years ago?

That may be a record!
The Harbeth are built with thin walls and  " lossy " attachments. So no heavy over dampening to take the life out of the sound. Pretty simple.