What turntable and TONEARM brands sound best with the Denon DL103 and DL 103R? MC's

Need some recommendation for turntables with TONEARMS that provide the best sound quality with either the Denon DL103R ( retail $379) or Denon DL103 ( retail $229) MC's cartridges.

Is there a major difference in sound quality between the two LOMC's??

Thank you, SJ

sunnyjim
I’ve seen the 103 used in an EMT 997 banana and at the other extreme an Infinity black widow..
OMG, Black Widow tonearm decerve much better cartridge than oldschool conical DL103 MC that cause total missmatch with this super lightweight tonearm designed for lightweight and extremely high compliance MM/MI cartridges up to 30-40cu and higher. DL103 is definitely not for lightweight tonearm if it means something for you, this is not universal cartridge for any tonearm at all, the compliance is just 8cu @100Hz and tonearm must be heavy, this is so obvious. If the original poster ask what is the best match for DL103 then it is tonearm with very high effective mass! If nobody cares why asking? 
Chakster,

You are absolutely correct. You should use a high mass arm. But I personally know of someone who has been using the 103 in a Black Widow for something like 30 years now and it sounds excellent. 

Further my Grace 747, while not as high a compliance as the Black Widow also works nicely.  Doesn't mean it's right, but it does work. 

I also suffer from Black Widow envy, it's a jewel of an arm for those that have never seen one. 

N

I use a Gray Research 208 tonearm with the 103r. One needs to hear what this 60 year old tonearm does that the latest tonearms Dont. 
Gray Research brand later became Grace, but why do you need Denon DL-103 if you have ART-9? 
I dont have the ART-9 anymore. The DL-103r has been my reference from the day one. I use it as my fallback cartridge and also to judge the performance of other cartridges that come and go. In the stock form the 103r cannot be my main cartridge though.