CD/DVD player advice

Hello to all. If this question is in the wrong location, I apologize. I am presently playing my CD's from an old Sony DVD player. I do want to upgrade this. So, do you find that a DVD such as an OPPO 105, sounds better for playing CD's verses a dedicated cd player of similar cost? I would say that an OPPO 105 that is in good condition,used for say $700 would be my top end. Would you recommend a dedicated cd player, which could also be used, or are the DVD players quite adequate. Right now it would not be connected to a TV. If I do later than the OPPO or something equivalent would be considered. Lets keep pricing down to $700 for either the cd or dvd player. Thankx to all in advance. If you need more info, let me know. Arthur ,
arthurd
Why new? Used you get more for your money.. just curious for your reasoning, not attacking you.
I would suggest considering an external DAC and use your CD player just as a transport. If your DVD player dies, then replace it with another. Most people are wary of buying a 10-15 year CD player, but a player that cost $5,000 15 years ago can now be picked up for $500 (or less). There are some terrific bargains to be found, if you keep your eyes open.

I bought a 15 year old Sony S9000ES and played it for years before selling it and buying a used 10 year old Esoteric DV50S for $1,000 ($8,000 new).

There are some very nice DACs to be had in the $700 range (both used and new).

New:
Denafrips Ares

Used:
Teac UD-503

These are just two examples. There are lots to choose from.
Just buy an older used OPPO on Audiogon or ebay.  They sound great and have balanced outputs as well for future system upgrades.
I’m loving my oppo. Especially now with tidal running as well.  $600-$700 used