Personal speaker evolution

OK, so here is a thread I haven't ever seen here: What speakers have you owned? starting with the earliest, price paid, new/used, and perhaps the models that really impressed you (for the price) in CAPS.

Rat Shack Something or others, $120, new
Fisher Something or others, $280, new
ADS L710's, $550, new
Snell A2i's, $1100, used
BEVERIDGE SYSTEM 3'S, $1000, used
Martin Logan CLS, $1400, used
MARTIN LOGAN SL3'S, $2300, used
pmwoodward
HOME MADE JBL D130 Woofers and a horn tweeter with a crossover in huge cabinets that I made. New. Hey, I was 16 and they were for my van in 1976. Very cool for the era. Used to open the side doors and let em rock at the keggers. You know, you were in high school too, right?

JBL L200 Used, Price, too much smoke to remember.

JBL L300 Used. Really big. Price, still too much smoke to remember but really expensive and incredible speakers for their time. Driven with a Pioneer SX-1280

PARADIGM TITANS new, price, not much. They were utilized in my first 5.1 system.

NILES in wall 5.1 system, came with the house.

B&W 602S3 600.00 and two KLIPSCH VA-1215 SUBS

VIENNA ACOUSTICS BEEHTOHOVEN CONCERT GRAND 5500.00

Mixed with Krell's help the Vienna's are great and yes, my memory has improved since my youth.

Mike
infinity 300,
magnapan 1.2,
sound dynamics 300ti's
psb alpha
sound dynamics mini
merlin vsm
martin logan depth subwoofer
......future purchase: mbl's
This first set of speakers were purchased in increments to create my first surround sound system!

Definitive Technology BP-10's (New) $800.00
Definitive Technology BP-6's (New) $500.00
Definitive Technology C/L/R 1000 (New) approx. $280.00
Definitive Technology 12" sub (New) $500.00

After purchasing a new home I decided the look of my family room should be clean with simple bookshelf speakers and store away the Def Tech floorstanders.

So, I purchased (5) Mirage Omnisat V.2 speakers, (New), for $200.00 bucks a pop, totaling a grand.

Ladies and gentlemen, this was a big mistake because Wynton Marsalis did not sound like I wanted him to sound while playing through the Mirages. They were very nice for a small speaker, but the omni-directional concept doesn't come close to direct speakers for 2 channel music.

So, I got the approval from the Queen, (MY WIFE), to improve my speaker dilemna. I graduated to the Paradigm Signature 2's, (New), in the piano gloss finish for about $2,000.00. Sweet, sweet sound, but lacked the bottom end I was searching for.

Final conclusion, I have recently traded my Signature 2's up to the Paradigm Signature 6's, (New), in the piano gloss finish for about $3,800.00, (New). Out of all of the speakers I've had the Signature 6's are by far the best bang for the buck!!!
"pre-audiophile"

Motorola stereo phono with little integrated foldout speaks (first stereo as a kid)

Sanyo am/fm/cassette/phono integrated as an older kid (1st stereo "system")

Then:

Lafayette Criterion short floor-standers with Heil tweeters (model??)

Ohm L (still have these though custom tweaked /upgraded)

Tall, square, shallow Radio Shack/Optimus (model?? these had no bass but otherwise were not half bad) also Optimus, Minimus 7's (still have these), other decent sounding Optimus

Ohm Walsh 2

Magnepan MG1.3c

B&W P6

Triangle Titus 202 (still own these)

Dynaudio Contour 1.3 mkII (still own these)

Ohm "Super" Walsh 2 Series 3 (still own these)

Ohm f-5 Series 3 (still own these)
Sound Design from Spiegel catalog, total system including 8 track $99.99 circa 1970 when I was 16.
Bose 501 in a quad system $600
Pioneer HPM-200 $1000
Kef 103/3 $1500
Martin Logan Scenario $750
Martin Logan Aeon I $2300