Just retired and want to get back to vinyl listening

I'm reeducating myself.... after years of no TT and focusing on just stereo listening.. I had a some early Klipsch Hersey’s and some GENESIS speakers pair with Yamaha receiver and low end turntable 30-40 years ago -- I can afford a higher end setup this days -- so what are thoughts on pairing a luxman l-550axII with Klipsch cornwalls?

I like the Herseys for music in the day.. cornwalls seem to be larger herseys but may well need audtion some of the tower types folks seem to tout..

I still thinking on TT -- but may get a VPI scout or prime -- thinking through the cartridge choices and other things is still a serious education -- recc?

music taster are varied -- jazz to singer vocalist miles davis - linda Ronstadt and a host of others for vocal musics and instruments- soft rock of the 70-80s- to some classical

thoughts -- looking to 15-20K for the refit for stereo listening - but could stretch some if I like the setup

steventoney
steventoney, you're welcome to come hear mine. Still a long drive, I'm another 1½ hours past Portland. Nothing fancy, and not an ideal room, but would probably still give you an idea.
L.
builder3 -- thanks

I may do that once I get a place and settle a bit  - combine with trip west to visit some shops and listem more.  This is about your Luxman 590AX?

what speakers do you use with it? 

I'm still not opposed to used - keeping eye on the website, but I do need to move and get a place first..
Yes, an L-590AX, which is the version prior to the newest model. My speakers are the Paradigm S6’s, which are now discontinued.
One thing that I think I mentioned earlier, the 590 isn’t low-powered. Luxman’s literature is misleading, the amp is rated at 30W/channel into 8 ohms, but it actually switches from Class A at that point, and puts out around 90W/channel. Power isn’t really a concern.
If you get to Portland, one shop worth stopping at is Echo Audio. Nice gear and great people.
L.
builder3 - others

Are there any real differences -- improvements or problems of the newer 590AXII versus the older 590AX? what did they change that makes the new one most or less desirable?

Another question -- if I decide to try a tube amp -- say a Leben CS600 or a Line Magnetic 518A or other with a model of devore speakers -- BTW they are showing a new speaker this week - Gibbon Super Nine -- what are some suggestions for a phono stage between 500-1500 dollars -- if I end with a I-AMP without a phono stage

I’m still leaning to the Luxman -- but before buying -- I’m still learning and will try to get to some other places to listen directly and hear..

thanks
steventoney, I can't tell you what changes were made between the AX and the AXII.   I have read that the L-590AX incorporates a larger power supply over the earlier model, which was maybe the L-590AII.
I've never seen an L-590axII for sale on the secondary market, I think they're only about a year old.
My amp is identical to the one that's currently listed here on Audiogon for $5200. Even though they show the paperwork showing that it was purchased very recently, the newer version was also available at that time. The few places that show them for sale often have both, with no discount for the earlier model.

Well, after I rambled a bit, I looked around and found this link from 'A Higher Note', which used to be the US distributor. The differences in the newest version are noted in the description.
https://onahighernote.com/shop/integrated-amps/luxman-l-590ax-pure-class-a-ii-integrated-amp/

Here's the page from the same website describing the earlier L-590ax.
https://onahighernote.com/shop/integrated-amps/l-590ax-2/

There you have it. Take care,
L.