Go DirecTV

After 10 years of Dish Network, I just switched to DirecTV. Wow, what a difference in the video output. It's like I bought a new TV (or 4 of them...).
I recommend the change to anyone before upgrading your TV's. Plus, they appreciate my business.
I didn't go high def but didn't have it before either. I have $4k worth of TV's and don't intend to replace them to go high def until they die. It may be a different story comparing high def to high def?
elevick
any dish set up is subject to rain wind and show, It seemed like any time I wanted to watch tv. I kept getting the "searching for signal" message. I watch very little TV and virtually no movies. I have comcast HD and couldnt be happier.
I had the Dish Network for 3 years and Direct TV for about 4 years. They both blow away cable in terms of quality of signal and value. You get so much more for your money with satellite. And my signal rarely goes down due to weather. If I loose a siganl, its' only for 5- 10 minutes during the most brutelist of storms.
And check this out, Direct TV now throws in XM radio for free with the Basic plus package. I route it through a high quality external DAC and it's not too bad to listen to that way. And besides, I was so sick of all the constant little price hikes that cable demanded, for what?...it's a true monopoly that needs to be broken up.
I think close to nirvana is a DirectTV HR10-250 HDTV/TiVo. Being able to record HD and SD programs and play them at our convenience is great. We rarely watch any program when it is scheduled.

In Santa Babara weather is rarely a factor in reception, so it's pretty much a year-round 24/7 surperb signal.

db