Sanity check on new system?

I'm looking to piece together my first system that is looking like it'll have the following components:

TT: VPI Classic 3 
Cartridge:  Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
Pre: Mcintosh MP100
Amp: Mcintosh MC275
Speakers: B&W Diamond 805 D3

As the title states, I'm looking for a sanity check on this setup.  Any concerns I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance...
harp
Onhwy61 - good question. This is exactly why I posed the question.   It doesn't look like the MP100 has volume control?  What is the solution to that issue? Thanks for catching that...

Hifiron - I listen to just about anything but if I had to paint myself into a corner I'd be an indy rock guy.

Helomech 805 D3s not 803s :)

erik_squires - thanks for the feedback. Room acoustics will be something I wrestle with soon...
The MP100 is intended for use with either a separate linestage or perhaps a passive volume control.  You will definitely require one or the other, if you want to use the MP100.  Also, if you intend to source music from CDs, RTR, etc, you may want to consider a "full function" preamplifier, meaning one that has a built-in phono stage plus a linestage with switches to select the source and of course a volume control.  There is something to be said for the latter approach; you will require one fewer pairs of interconnects, and often the interface between a built-in phono stage and its linestage can be electronically simpler and therefore less likely to introduce colorations, compared to linking two separate components.  The signal does not have to pass through pairs of RCA connectors and buffer stages, if you use a full function pre, for example.  If you like McIntosh, maybe consider one of their preamps in lieu of the MP100. Just a thought.

Personally, I am not crazy about B&W speakers, either.
I think I would like to hear complete systems. I would have a speaker brand in mind first, and dealers have good knowledge of synergy for that brand or model.
To me, it’s very, very difficult to pick your system without hearing first. If great sound and great value or even resale value is important to you, that can help narrow down the brands to audition. Also listening to as many speakers that are on your list to get an idea of what sounds right to you.
BTW I had failed at buying my first system and it was not until I created about a 90 mile radius of dealers and made a point to set up appt. times and went to each place with music in hand. It took over three months, but I now have the system that sounds good to me.