Reference disc player...UDP 205 or Marantz?

Hey guys....
I've decided to take the plunge, and get my last reference disc player--at least for a very long time--and I'm looking for opinions on the subject.
I really wanted to get the Marantz SA-14S1, it sounds fantastic for sure, but I started to read all the glowing reviews on the Oppo UDP-205. Is it just hype, or the real thing? Is the Oppo really that rare piece of equipment that punches that far above its price? Who here has listened to the oppo and/or the Marantz? How do they compare? 
Thanks! 
jonasandezekiel
I'm going to find out if it lives up to the hype.  I figure $1300 isn't crazy money and Oppo offers a 30 day money back policy.  If I hate it, it goes back.  If it's really really good I'll live with it for a while and see if I want to have it modded.
Sounds like the only way to do it, apart from getting opinions on here. 
Post something to let me know what you think. I may go the other way, and just get a pure sacd cd player because I already have a very good bluray player.
I'd like to know what you think, @firstgrowth .  @jonasandezekiel , I hope you take advantage of the return policy from Oppo and find a place to with the same return policy on the Marantz. I think think the only way to decide is to spend some time with both. I own the Oppo (-205) and have had it for a while. Once you get it - make sure to 'dive into' the settings. Mine came with 'Brick Wall' as filter; someone on a different thread corrected me and said it was not the default but more of a diagnostic filter. Whatever it is, it was on it when it was delivered from factory. I've listened to a bunch of the filters and I don't think there is a drastic difference between them; I've since moved away from the brick wall, and landed on a slow -something-filter. Another tip (though YMMV): I found the '100% output' very bright; I turned variable output on and set it at 90 and it was much more musical. I think the 'max output' seems to drive the output stage too much. I may very well be the combo of my pre-amp, hence "YMMV" :) Enjoy the journey....
I just unpacked it.  First impression (I have no idea if this thing has a burn in period.  I assume the DAC does.) is it's dead quiet and MUCH more detailed than the BDP-93 it's replacing.  Lots of space between instruments, timbre on voices and strings are excellent.  I'm playing Yo Yo Ma "Appalachian Journey" and it's like a new album to me.  

All this is through a Belles Aria integrated and a pair of KEF LS50s.  Once my Don Sachs equipment and my single driver speakers show up I'm sure there will be exponential improvement.