Great Rock & Roll speakers?

I have a pair of Vandersteen 2 sigs with a DNA-1 & CJ PV10al. I have never been able to get the image proper with the speakers due to odd ball room placement. I really like the speakers but need something to image better in the same price class. I don't have a lot of room behind the speakers & don't want monitors. I really love the bass response of the speakers but had the idiot lights flash during a listening session once. Since then I have been paranoid to really crank them. I spoke with Richard & he explained how the lights work so it is obvious that I listen to alot of music that is heavy in the mid-bass region. So I need to find a speaker that is a good match to my DNA & CJ that will image well sitting close to the walls. The overall size of the speaker isn't much of a concern as long as they aren't much larger than the Vandy's. Speaker placement issues would pretty much rule out planar speakers & adding additional subs is not the direction I would like to take. Check my system here & let me know your thoughts.
fishwater
Tweakster,
like the choice in your music and we seem to listen to a lot of the same stuff. I agree with you on your assesment of the vandersteens. As far as the 100's go, they do need juice to crank them but they do a pretty good job on rock imho. You must like a speaker that is a bit more forward so that wailing guitar can stand out and really come at you the way you want it to. Let me know what you think of the gold's when you listen to them. To me, they are a little more laid back and smoother. I do not know if you will like it in that respect. NHT' require serious juice to crank em.
I found a pair of Montana's that I really enjoyed, they are smaller than I wanted but so far have the sonic characters I am looking for. I do not have a PSB dealer near me with Golds & still have to check out the Matrix's this week. So the search is still on, I'll keep everyone posted.
I use a pair of Modified NEAR M15's and will be getting a set of NEAR M50's that are really phenominal on everything I have heard them with.

Alot of rockers like Klipsch ,but I think for myself I would try VMPS.I heard some Vany's and was not to impressed,but the amps and CDP might have been liable.

B&W's are not to shabby either,but my NEARs had them in soundstage articulation, detail and Bass.

I would like to hear the speakers from Monitor Audio also.
Anyone have any experience with the new Q series Kefs?

Those look really nice but I haven't heard them.
Phizzer,just from what you said I think I'm not even going to give the PSB's a listen.

I too have herd many rockers like the Klipsch line.Only the lines they REALY like is the older stuff like the Hersey.

I don't know about you guy's but I am not looking for a painfully articulate speaker.Most of what I listen to wasn't recorded that great.I'm more about the music having a live fealing with some detail, and some slamin bass.
I'm not talking slammed Honda crank'n Sir Mixalot bass either.I like some high's in there also.

Have any of you guy's ever heard speakers called Mach One?
They were produced by Realistic in the late 70's to the early 80's.They also use horn mids and tweat's with a 15inch woofer.Laugh if you wan't, but they actualy don't sound to bad for cheap.