Primaluna Integrated with a seperate preamp

I have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium Integrated amp . I wanted to know if anyone has used a separate preamp through the H/T input which has a unity gain circuit .
What affect would the unity gain circuit have on the preamp signal ?

Thank You .
saki70
I never found this thread as I asked the same question Saki did.   I borrowed a buddies ARC LS26 and hooked it up through the HT bypass and was disappointed.  It sounded great with his ss amp but completed different with the PL.  I also called Kevin @  Upscale and he said why would you want to add a preamp.  After listening to the LS26 with my buddies ss amp i knew there were a few things missing with the passive preamp section of the PL.  However,  it didn't match well with the PL. The PL sounds very good regardless but there's something to be said for a good preamp. 
tablejockey & samzx12 ;

Thank you for your input . Nothing like real world experience .

@1graber2 I replaced the stock 12AU7 tubes on my Dialogue Premium integrated amp with Cifte 12AU7 as recommended by Upscale Audio. These tubes added more texture and a more holographic sound. I also tried other NOS tubes that are all better sounding than the stock tubes. I also replaced the stock power tubes. I suggest you call Upscale so they can help with deciding which tubes may help your needs.
I’m a believer in separates, and I have a Don Sachs Model 2 Preamp, with a pair of PSVANE Treasure CV181 + a pair of Shuguang CV181 on buffer. But I chose the Primaluna Dialogue Premium Integrated, among other reasons, for having a preamp bypass or HT section, that allows flexibility to be used with or without a separate preamp. Why didn’t I just buy the Dialogue Power Amp? Well experience taught me that Integrateds are a lot easier to sell later on, just in case.
My other amp is a Line Magnetic 518 Integrated Amplifier, a SET amplifier utilizing 845 tubes, which also has a bypass called Pre-In. The 518s preamp section is "so-so" and using it as a power amp takes it to another level. I have purchased about 8 various preamps, from solid state to tube preamps, until I tried Don Sachs’ preamp, that finally ended my search.
Now back to the Dialogue Integrated + a Preamp. The built-in preamp section of the Dialogue is dead quiet as you all know already, and is a decent preamp. But it is not a great preamp section. After almost 40 hours of burning in my Dialogue and using it as an integrated, I decided to finally use the HT input and connect my Don Sachs Model 2 Preamp. The result was a shift from 1st gear to 4th. The soundstage just became wider and deeper, with imaging becoming more holographic. Clarity and details were enhanced. Bass has more weight and finesse, with a layered texture. Decay and nuance in notes is accentuated further with the preamp. Everything just got better by a mile. Now the burning in will continue with my Dialogue Premium Integrated on HT + my Preamp.
I just have to live with the slight hum/noise on the HT input, that might be getting emphasized by the high sensitivity of my Tekton Design Lore speakers at 96db, but its not more than usual for tube power amps.
So yes, the Dialogue Premium Integrated is also a great performing Power Amp when combined with a stellar Preamp.
Use an outboard preamp to the Primaluna, and then use outboard power amps instead of the one in the integrated. This approach makes absolutely no sense, but I'm tossing it in anyway to encourage the use of gonzo or actually inane solutions.