Do you listen mainly to Audiophile CDs and records?

I listen mainly to classical music, and the quality of sound varies greatly from disc to disc.
I was wondering if that’s the case with rock, pop and the like.
Do you tend to listen mainly mostly audiophile media?
128x128rvpiano
RV, I expect that the Telefunken set is rather rare. I bought mine at the Ring Festival in Seattle, where it was recommended in hushed tones. And at the cost, it should have been. Even so, it's been a good bargain; 35 years and still quiet as a Seattle Ring audience.
@willemj 

And yet sometimes the old recordings are just magically better. I'm thinking of the first complete major piece recorded in stereo, Beethoven's Emperor, performed by Gieseking in 1944 (sic, 1944), released by Varese. 

The performance is just qualitatively superior to any other, including subsequent recordings by Gieseking himself. There's something about hearing anti-aircraft cannon as a counterpoint, that brings the whole Emperor thing into perspective.

At home particularly in the evening I listen to a lot of Bosa Nova, Henry Mancini and similar artist. The audio quality of these recordings sound really good to me. During the day whether on vinyl at home or on satellite radio in the car or work, I rock out with the the likes of the Seeds, Ramons, Zep, JD Mcphearson ETC. 

I guess for me it does have to have a certain level of audio quaility, but I do half the time turn off the audiophile ears and just groove to the performance.

Cheers
JP

Geoffkait     11-06-2017
"Now that I think about it I actually tend to avoid audiophile CDs and recordings like the plague. The only exception would probably be for testing purposes."

What kind of testing do you do with a bad CD?  How well they fly?  🤔

By testing I meant product development or testing of some tweak or another. Bad CDs I carry on me to maybe use as weapons, you know, like those Ninja throwing stars. Better safe than sorry. 😛