Focal Chorus 826W with Rotel RC/RB 1070?

Hi all,

I have an opportunity to acquire a pair of Focal Chorus 826W for a good price.  Wondering what you think about pairing them with a Rotel RC/RB 1070 pre/power amp?  I hear really good things about Focal speakers. Is Focal + Rotel a good combo?  

Main sources include a Pro-ject Debut Carbon DC (with acrylic platter and Nagaoka MP-150) and digital from PC through Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 DAC.  Current speakers are Paradigm 11SE MkIII.

Is the Chorus 826W a good speaker? Would they be a marked improvement over the Paradigm speakers (which I have to say I am pretty happy with)?

I'd appreciate any opinions or advice you may have before plunking down a chunk of change for the Focals.  

Thanks!
hugodataway
The 800W series isn't wildly different than the 900 series. Imaging is what they do well. I completely agree with the statement about class A power. I've got a First Watt F5 clone powering my 936's and they do exploit the quality of better power. I really like them a lot. 
Thanks for the advice, very helpful. Can you recommend an amp would be a good match with the 826W?  I'm slowly upgrading everything over time, as I can afford.  I might get the 826W's with a view to an amp upgrade next.
hugodataway

These speakers, I would think would want something bigger with more current output than the RB-1070 to perform at their best, especially in the bass.

Sterophile measured tests on the Focal Chorus 826W
"With a minimum magnitude of 2.9 ohms at 118Hz.
There is also a current-hungry combination of 3.83 ohms magnitude and –53° electrical phase angle at 94Hz, a frequency where music can have high energy levels."

https://www.stereophile.com/images/archivesart/1110Focfig1.jpg

Cheers George

George is right. Robust solid state power is what those speakers like, especially class A power. I'm driving my 936's with 40 watts, but the F5 will keep doubling it's output until the outputs melt. It hardly leaves class A operation though. Focal recommends 50 watts of power minimum but you can slide by with less if the amp delivers solid current to low impedances. 
Post removed