What speakers for 10k?

Looking to buy the end of game speakers, currently I have Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand. My amp is the Parasound a21 with the Parasound p5 pre amp, Marantz sa8001 sacd and the Marantz sr5001 avr, psa xs15se sub. My budget is 5 to 10k on main speaker upgrade.
jughead
Mapman, you posted as I was writing my post; yes, I concur completely with your comment, "Its not hard to have 94DB speakers....assuming the lowest octave or so is excluded." That is the problem, the claimed low end response with the claimed sensitivity.
The Grand Teton specs on teh website indicate frequency response down to 42hz but no indication of the roll off so it could well be way down at that point. Another generalized spec that may mean little that might play into a higher sensitivity rating perhaps.

Nothing new to see there people...move on. Happens all the time! A least some reviewers like Stereophile do measurements that provide more insight if anyone cares.

Also given the unique waveguides or call them what you will, I could see where these may well be more directional than most speakers meaning more sound to the front than sides than usual, which could also help sensitivity measures, at least on axis.

So its hard for me to say the specs do not add up. Its also hard for me to say they mean much. Maybe if people hear these and like them someone will take up putting them to more rigorous and quantitative testing. Of course that still does not indicate necessarily how good something sounds or not, just how well they perform from a technical perspective, which might be a useful starting point of information but seldom tells the whole story accurately.

I'm guessing the most unique thing about these might be that they have a unique sound radiation pattern which might be a boon or benefit depending. At least its a different twist. I would like to hear them just for that.
Actually, seeing its only a 5.25" woofer, its a pretty safe bet not much is happening at 42hz. Also ribbon/folded ribbon tweets like that used are inherently directional as well I read. So the small size and seemingly directional design should help produce a higher than average sensitivity rating with the lowest octave or so omitted by design. I'd expect it does what does well. A 5.25" woofer in a $2000 speaker seems undersized compared to a lot of the competition. Maybe what it does it does well and that's enough in a smaller room. That would seem to be the most realistically one could expect. The 42 hz frequency response spec is the one I would question the most in this case.
And that's what attracted me to these speakers is the unusual look and the claims on the speakers performance.so it made me want to hear them for myself, and I hear what everyone's saying because I have my doubts also, but willing to give them a shot. I'm out nothing if they don't meet my standards, except a trip to the post office to return them.
You're under no obligation to justify your purchase. Its your time and money to do with as you please.

"so it made me want to hear them for myself"

But since you are posting, that's the best possible reason to do what you did.