What's Toshiba replacing the Toshiba HD XA2 with?

Anyone know what Toshiba is replacing the HD XA2 with for SD DVD upscaling, if there is such a model in the works?
rxlarry99
"Cytocycle":

So...... Do you think that that Toshiba is REALLY going to get on the "Blue-Ray" bandwagon now that HD-DVD is no more????

If they do something like that, that's going to be PRETTY interesting.

--Charles--
Charles: it would seem to be the only logical solution if Toshiba wants to build a DVD player..
maybe they can show Sony how to add an Ethernet port, do Picture in Picture, Allow updates over the web, and show them how to get the price under $400....

Or Toshiba could get with one of the online companies to start doing 1080p downloads to appliances like AppleTV, Vudu, XBox360, etc.... via a piece of hardware...

I own a HD-DVD and I won't be upgrading to Bluray as disc's are too expensive and the players are crap (2.0 version needs to come out) because they will be door stops because they can't be upgraded. The PS3 is the only bluray player worth looking at because at least you can sell it to a gamer later.. and besides the Sony bluray players don't look as good as the Toshiba HD-DVD players doing upscaling of regular definition movies..

Some of you keep revelling in the fact that Toshiba lost, but now Sony can release crap and limit what crap they can release on bluray and keep prices high, which is something are amazing it!!! GO SACD, MiniDisc, DAT, Beta....

HighSpeed downloading and Movie on Demand is the future...
I just don't get the under 400.00 crap. Does everyone want to have the cheapest DVD player they can find? There is no way to make an inexpensive player without leaving something out. By the way, Sony isn't the only company building BluRay players in case no one else noticed.
Rwwear: You missed my point... Toshiba built under $400 HD-DVD players that looked stunning, they weren't crap! They had more features than any SONY BLURAY player or any other manufacture's bluray player. The other point it that until someone brings out an under $200 player mainstream america is not going to adopt HD anything.... They want MP3 prices and are quite happy with their HD Cable and Direct TV because they don't have to pay for hardware.

Sony, Samsung (Class action suit for their 1.0 players is currently happening), Panasonic, Pioneer etc... are all more expensive and don't have even an ethernet jack that the $100-150 HD-DVD players had..

SONY IS SETTING THE STANDARDS FOR BLURAY AND UNTIL THEY FULLY DEFINE 2.0 (looking like end of year) ALL BLURAY PLAYERS will be lacking the hardware that Toshiba HD-DVD players had.. the only one that can be upgraded right now it the Sony Playstation 3. PIP, internet streaming etc... HD space for downloadable content...are all missing.

So no other manufacture can add features or make better players until Sony authorizes it.... Just like the delays in SACD or yesteryears..