Dedicated 20 amp lines/should i use a sub panel

Happy New Year to all!!

I am about to install 3 - 20 amp dedicated lines for my stereo. I still have space in my 200 amp main panel but was wondering if their is any benefit to installing a 60 amp sub panel for the 3 audio circuits , also as i am using 10 gauge wire and its not the easiest to manipulate should i hook up the bare wire to the receptacles looped around the screws or inserted in the holes or should i use spade connection's. any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Chris 
spinner1
Hello Indranilsen,

The first thing I would do before deciding how to proceed would be obtain a multimeter, if you don't already have one, and measure the AC line voltage at various times of the day and night over the course of several days.

If you find that there is a correlation between the variations in sound quality and changes in line voltage, a power regenerator, such as one of those made by PS Audio, might be a solution. A regenerator is likely to also be helpful if noise or distortion on the AC line is contributing to the problem. On the other hand, though, some people have reported here over the years that in their systems some regenerators have resulted in compromised dynamics.

Also, in a thread several months ago you indicated that you were considering upgrading your Parasound Halo A-21 amplifier. If you haven't yet done that, I would suggest that you re-assess the situation after purchasing the new amplifier before deciding how to proceed. It's possible that a different (and presumably better) amplifier may be less sensitive to the power line anomalies at your location than the present amplifier.

Good luck. Regards,
-- Al

A balanced power transformer is most definitely an improvement and well worth it - I use them - one for my power amps and one for the front end.

The slight hiss you hear is generated by current running through resistors,  transistors and other components in your amplifiers - all electronic components have this to some degree.  Some resistors have lower noise than others, same goes for Transistors etc.  Its not something to worry about.

Good Listening

Peter
@Al- Yes, it makes sense to measure the voltage to narrow down the issue. I haven't upgraded the Parasound Halo-A21 amplifier because of two issues, room acoustics and power quality inconsistency issue that we are currently discussing. I have somewhat handled the room issue with GIK hybrid Alpha panels and wanted to ensure a good clean power feeding my music room before spending any money on the electronics. I have more or less decided to go with Pass Labs XA100.8 mono blocks when I am able to resolve these issues. 

@Peter- Is it worth spending $10K to get a branded transformer from Equitech or Torus instead of getting a Commercial Power isolation transformer at a much cheaper price?

Thank you all for responding to my queries.
So many responses, I apologize if this was already said:  make sure all lines come off the same side of your 220 line. 
@handymann

Every other single breaker space down each side of an electrical panel is the other Leg, Line.

Example for a 120/240V single phase electrical panel:

First top breaker space on the left side is L1. The first top breaker space on the right side L1.

The second space on the left side is L2. The second space on the right side is L2.

The third space on the left side is L1. The third space on the right side is L1.

The forth space on the left side is L2. The forth space on the right side is L2.

And so on down each side of the panel.

NOTE:

Some GE single phase load centers have a funky breaker connecting bus that will accept standard size breakers as well as "slim" size breakers. With this load center if 2 slim single pole breakers are installed side by side on the same side of the panel it is possible both may be connected to L1 or both connected L2 Or one might be on L1 and the other on L2.

To make thing even more confusing there is a 2 pole "slim breaker" for 240V loads.

Extreme care must be taken when using this GE load center. There may have been other manufactures that use standard and slim style breakers as well. GE is the only one that I know of.

https://www.superbreakers.net/1-pole-circuit-breakers/thqp120

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Q-line-Thqp-20-Amp-2-Pole-Standard-Trip-Circuit-Breaker/1099039

Jim