20 Year Old Amplifiers compared to 2017

Just a random thought, but I’m curious just how well the state of the art solid-state amplifiers from 20 years ago compare to some of today’s better offerings. For example, what does a pair of Mark Levinson 33Hs or a Krell FPB 600 sound like if compared to the latest offerings from Pass Labs or Ayre Acoustics?
imgoodwithtools
My CJ MF2300a hit 20 years old and all the caps needed replacing.  Would have been a fortune if I sent back to CJ but found a local ex-employee to do it for a reasonable cost...from what I gather, capacitors from 20 years ago had a tendency to leak or bulge making them prone to failure.   I'd avoid buying these devices and would opt for a newer device (and did recently).
I don't think my 30+ year old refreshed amp would be terribly embarrassed by most of today's offerings.
Hafler guy here again!...:) My 9180 is 23 years young and continues to delight. I am not an audiophile in terms of knowledge or equipment purchasing power. An audiophile in terms of enjoying music since I was very young.
I presume there are many amps produced since Rockford Corp., stopped producing this gem that out pace it.  
Following this line of logic, the Bryson 7B is as good as the 7BSST, the 7BSST squared and the 7B cubed. The Pass Labs X350 is as good as the X350.5 or the X350.8.  How do they manage to maintain this farce?
@hikmer - how did you determine that the caps needed to be replaced on your CJ? Was there a physical clue like bulging or leaking of electrolyte or did the SQ change?