The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Ladycharnet....very interesting. Like Ctsooner....any pics and more info???

Thanks
Rick (RWD)
I liked the Vandersteen 3aSigs vertically bi-amp with VTL mono blocks and 2-2wq subs. The last Vandi I owned were Mod 5 sigs like them a lot and kept them for awhile. When I heard Von Schweikerts that was a game changer for me. Started out with vr1, vr2, vr3 which I use in the ht system with LCR15 and TS-350s. In the main 2 channel room VSA VR 5 in vertical tri-amp configuration seems to float my boat and all my classical musicians player friends. So in essence I own what I like. The exception was Infinity Rs1 I think it was 4 7 foot high panels with tons of electronics sounded very good just too much gear.
I recently heard the Raidho c3.1 speakers and they are the best sounding I've ever heard. Was great is they are relatively small and a great looking speaker.
Labtec, I think most of us who have been around this for years agree with you, however on a thread like this of fun, you typically assume that folks are feeding the top speakers a top signal. I would disagree that a great speaker will sound like the worst with poor quality fed to it. It won't sound it's best, but it can still sound better than a terrible speaker being fed with a great signal. Both would sound poor obviously, but I'll take the speaker as being the most important part of the chain with the font end being second. JMHO