Who has the best plasma monitor these days

I am looking to get a plasma monitor. I don't need a tuner within it. Just the screen. I have a cable tv supplier that already provides the HD tuner box with hdmi output. I am looking for a 42 or 50 inch screen. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks
tlg
As a dealer for many Plasma brands. If you take into consideration reliability and best picture and not so much on best price. The winner hands-down is the Pioneer's followed by Panasonic. These two brands by a wide margin better the likes of Samsung, Sharp, LG, and Toshiba. Some Sony models are also quite good, however, they do not make a consumer plasma.
I would love to replace my 32" Sony Wega XBR television with a flat panel. But, every flat panel I've seen does not have any detail in the shadow areas.

Do any of these flat panels compete with my Sony Wega XBR for detail in the shadows?

Do plasmas have better shadow details than lcd's?
Thanks, Jeff
Jeff, I'm in the same boat as you. Have the exact same TV. Love it. But I guess those of us who haven't will be moving to a digital TV this year. But between the color and contrast shifts off axis with LCDs, and the lack of detail and definition in shadow areas for both LCD and plasma, I'm not quite sure what to do.
Runco. Quite simply. Not as well known as a brand, and a bit more expensive, but well worth it.