Who has the best plasma monitor these days

I am looking to get a plasma monitor. I don't need a tuner within it. Just the screen. I have a cable tv supplier that already provides the HD tuner box with hdmi output. I am looking for a 42 or 50 inch screen. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks
tlg
Doing research a few years ago, I compared the outstanding Fujitsu vs. the Panasonic and YES hands down the Fujitsu had the better picture, BUT it was at a 40% premium ($10000 vs. $6000 for the 50 inchers at the time). There's NO WAY the Fujitsu was $4000 better than the Panasonic, so Panny was the direction I went.

What are the price differences between the Pioneer Elites vs. the commercial Pannys now a days anyway?
I ended up getting the Pioneer Elite and I coudn't be happier. The picture quality is amazing especially watching HD cable channels and HD dvds. Get one, you won't regret it.
I wound up doing the same thing. Got my 1150HD delivered yesterday. Didn't need 1080p (at my viewing distance), and the price was right. Looks great. Even standard def programming is not too bad! But the HD is awesome.
For what it's worth, I'll second what everyone above says about the Pioneers. The angels smiled on me last week when the on/off switch on my Sony 34" CRT TV went bad... and since I wasn't going to haul that 250 pound boat anchor to a repair shop... I gave it away as is.

I'd been looking at the Pioneer plasma's for months, so my decision was already made that when the Sony went, I'd get the Pioneer. Because of size restrictions, I got the 42" Pioneer 950HD, which is 720P.

I've read many reviews of Plasma's and LCD sets, where the reviews say the Sony CRT set still has the best picture quality. I now realize that's a bunch of bunk. Both TV and DVD quality on the 720P Pioneer is far superior to my old 1080P Sony CRT set.
Well I have to say that the picture on the 1150HD is every bit as good as I will ever need. I read over many of the articles on the difference of 720 vs 1080 and the only reason to get is blu ray. If you get a set like the 1150 the upscale makes it seem like 1080 and from a proper distance it is wonderful. It was interesting in reviews to see the reviewers comment that the detail on the 1150 was better than the 1080 sets