Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
I discovered a limitation of the long I Beam with really light cartridges.

I’ve made an earnest attempt to get through some of my collection of unplayed records the last couple of weeks. Decided a couple of days ago to start using Room 2, to trial records and mark the ones for play in Room 1. I still have the Acutex 420 str mounted on an ET 2.0 HP with aluminum armtube in room 2 on an SP10 MKII.

With just the base ET2 weight on there that fits into the groove of the clamp, I can’t get past the midpoint on the new long I Beam. Physics.
The cartridge is just too light.

So I contacted Bruce and he told me this is something new, and the good thing is he is going to have a lighter version of the base weight made to accommodate the longer I Beam. For those of you running at say 3/4 on the I beam - this may get to the end of the plank. I think I recall Harry modding his base weight to get to the end of the I Beam - but not sure.
Good record playing weather.

Cheers

Chris, thanks for that as I'll be using the same cartridge when I get my ET back in play.
Once more am I in need of the knowledge of this community

I have decided to change turntable. My trusted TD125 is going into retirement and a Micro Seiki RX/RY/RS/RW 1500 is going to take over the job.
This is raising some issues. I'm now in need of some sort of drawing for a armboard to mounts the ET2.5 on.
I have access to knowledge and equipment to making the board board. (CDC -)) I even have it options to make it from whatever material that is optimal I guess titanium is a bit overkill. LOL

I've seen this done before on pictures I'm not sure which armboard that's been used. I have an option to use both one or two posts. I'm suspecting to post board will be the best 
My plan is to mounts and acrylic shield on the backside. 

I don't have access to special mounting tool (the Jigg) 
So if anybody have control over the geometric positioning that will be of great help
Also Interesting in hearing what kind of mounting, what kind of material that will be the best.
 I'm planning to put two more arms on so this is going to be a tree arm rigged Rx-1500 ;-)))))))))))))))))

Styrk