Recommendations for 1000

I need better audio for my home. I am using my computer to play music with a sound blaster X-fi card with Optical out and in and every other basic output. It is hooked up to a projector and is often used for dvds. I'm uncertain whether i should get 5.1 or stay two channel. I have a budget of 1k and need speakers and a receiver or amp. I am willing to buy receiver and 2 speakers now and add later if I must. I need some recommendation. I was leaning towards 2 floor stand klipsch and their 12 inch subwoofer. Thanks.
cwaigy
If you like loud dynamic sound then for under $1000 you are definitely on the right track!
If you could tell us about your room, priorities and biases, we might be able to better serve you.
The room is a long skinny room around 50' by 25' with cement walls. Mostly used for music but also needs to work well with movies. I love a strong bass with music so it has to have a larger subwoofer. I am unsure if i should get matching satellites or if its smarter to have a stronger speakers infront with surround speakers that are smaller. I was thinking the klipsch quintet 2 or getting two klipsch floor standing speakers and their 12 subwoofer and adding the center and surrounds later. I haven't been able to find a decent audio place around here to listen to different set ups, although i am trying a new place about 45minutes away in hopes they will have better inventory. I'm open to any suggestions, different brands; really doesn't matter to me as long as they sound well.