Diana Krall

I was in Fort Lauderdale last Thursday and saw/heard Diana Krall.  Second time, first was in Wilkes Barre PA after Wallflower cd, this one after her recent one.  Two quite different concerts, both outstanding.  This one was "jazzy", an upright bass, a drummer, guitarist, fiddle/violinist (and a pianist/vocalist).  5 great musicians on the stage, and a wonderful singer.  She is wonderful live.  Highly recommended, as equipment reviewers often say.  Worth the price of admission.  
rpeluso
I have seen her live three times, and came away thoroughly impressed and entertained. She doesn't have a great voice, but a voice that's a natural for the jazz genre, and she has a way with a lyric and can curl the words just so and I have a hard time taking my eyes off of her. Call it that elusive "it" factor. Top notch musicians at every show, and she plays that piano with style and verve. No lip synching, no gyrating strippers, real musicians, and great songs. Just what most Americans don't want to see or hear these days!
@2chfreak, you have nailed it. Very few artist that has such onstage presence. She was born to play jazz, I have seen her live twice and she absolutely killed it both times with her sultry voice, exquisite piano play and great choice of musician ensemble. 

She is coming to town on Jun 23 and I plan to be there.
@mattmiller 

Thanks for mentioning Kandace Springs.  I just sampled "Soul Eyes" on amazon and am sold.  Like you said very fresh sound beautifully recorded as is Bluenote's practice.  Just ordered the CD!
Don’t get it. I understand the success and enormous talent and everything but her style and phrasing does absolutely nothing for me. Boring ho hum sums it up for me. The Michael Buble equivalent in the lightweight jazz genre.
"to each his own
it's plain to see
to walk alone
you'll have to be
it's all for you
it's all for me.."