Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
Well Chris with cant fine any armboard that is even close be able to get the distant right AX-3 is the closest but I think I either with touch the plate or get too great distant from the spindle. I know I can angle but then I lose option to mount all three arms. 

The problem is not to "walk the line" the problem is walk the line without interfering with the other arm's 

This mean that the onboard has long and curve around the plate. Then the mounting area has been big enough to support the base so all the spikes "hit something"  

The second part of the manual on Bruce' websites will be a great help

I'd hoped that somebody had a design ready for this so I don't have to redesign the whole thing from scratch. 

The problem with them RX1500 is that the mounting posts is so close to the plate 
The problem is not to "walk the line" the problem is walk the line without interfering with the other arm's

Styrk - Sounds like you are setting up for a tonearm "party"

:^0

You know - Years ago I tried different TT's with multiple tonearms on them. On three occasions. These were two full plinths and one setup using armpods. The party/experiments for me failed because I would only end up playing the ET2 after some comparisons. To those interested, I could only get the other tonearms to sound like the ET2 on two parts of the record; you know what I mean ..... when the presentation is really in focus, on those two points when a pivot arm alignment hits the sweet spot on a record. Hearing this phenomena using familiar LP's with these other tonearms, was interesting, in an audiophile way, but also the end of the road for them. Just saying. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In my record collection I do have many mono records - have found over 100 so far and counting , so the plan would be to put my second ET2 on the La Platine in a custom install someday, to listen to these records with a mono cart.  

For anyone reading here that doesn't understand what we mean when we say "Walking the line".

See here.

It's a straight, but lonely road.

Walk the Line 

I know that the ET 2.5 is going to be the king. No problem admitting to that.

The thing is that I love to have a setup where have the option for some variation and to "Just play some something"  when not really" listening" with out using hours on the High end pickup.

Cleaning house on high end time is vast of hours LOL

Second ET 2 sounds like a crazy good idea

Styrk

Styrk  - came across this picture of a ET 2.0 on an RX 1500. It has an XV1 on it, and a custom armboard.  

RX-1500, ET 2.0, Dyna XV1 

The discussion for the picture, including some armboard details can be found here.   

They discuss 2.5 but that is a 2.0 in the picture as can be seen by how the end cap overlaps the spindle.  Hope this helps.

Chris 
Thanks Chris 

I did see that picture but misted out on the discussion 
I have to read true that string. 

Have a feeling that the RX1500 is going to be a good stable platform for my ET2.5 ;-)

5000/8000 even better but $$$$ so that have to wait for now Think hard to get to. 

Styrk