Deoxit for cables

I have just purchased a loom of interconnects, speaker cables and power cords. Does deoxit improve the connections of these items, as in at least inhibiting corrosion? Has anybody had experience with using deoxit and deoxit gold?
128x128easola01
I use d5 deoxit. Flood the living hell out of the pots and let them dry for 48hrs. No more problems for years after that. 
The best product out there i have been using for over 2 years now 
Is Stabilant -22.  Nasa has been using this ,as well as Many high tech Companies  Ratheon, northrupt Grumman, and Many air lines 
Enhances conductivity and lasts for over 12 years is not taken off .
First clean all contacts on both end with over 90% isopropyl alcohol
Craig makes great swabs ,that stay together big,and small fantastic also for Vacuum tube pins and sockets .they sound noticeably 
better.
when I have tried deoxit, for me, it dulled the sound... sorry geoffkait... and didn’t seem to last before it needed to be cleaned and reapplied. perhaps there is a new deoxit that I am not aware of.

haven’t tried Stabilant -22, but it sounds interesting, as does Total Contact (TC - new tweak -- its fantastic)
nope, sorry, I didn’t like the result (dulled the sound for the worse not better) and eventually cleaned it off with flux cleaner using a tooth brush. just checked which one I have, it is the Caig ProGold G5 Connector Enhancer but it didn't work for me. I have most of a spray tin left.

what was your experience?