Amp for Dynaudio C4

..Need some suggestions on what amplifiers work well with the C4s..prefer SS..thanks
missioncoonery
...spoken by someone who has his Evidence Temptations about a foot from the back and side walls. I can only imagine...

Sim amps sound great with Dynaudio. Dynaudio often demos with Sim equipment at shows. I don't think they would pick amps that sound "horrible" to demo their speakers.
Ummm...are you speaking to me? Well my friend your perceived measurements are completely incorrect if you are. Don't imagine come over and hear my system. You are more than welcome anytime. I am actually a pretty nice guy and I'll make you a great apple martini. :)

I have heard the sim amps running the dynaudio temptations. They made the speakers sound dull and lifeless.

I don't know if you have any friends who are in the business and who do the shows but I do. I have talked to them about how sometimes they get stuck with incorrect pairings because such and such a manufacturer is sponsoring their room.

Justin
Nrostov ..I have to chime in.
I find your comments arrogant and rude..Im a musician,a professional musician who has toured the world more times than I can remember,on a Los Angeles based record label and know what sounds right or wrong...2 me!!My brother-in-law has been profesionally in highend audio for 30 years and has an impeccable ear.What he wants,seeks and demands in his audio system is totally different than what im seeking..The point,obviously we all have opinions.Just because you feel something is not correct doesnt make it "horrible".Its just an opinion,nothing more.....Oh,please dont throw that im a musician so I know what it should sound like BS around..puts the real deal pros in bad light...Class dismissed.....
Missioncoonery,

Your right my comments are both arrogant and rude. Of course so is saying "Oh,please dont throw that im a musician so I know what it should sound like BS around..puts the real deal pros in bad light...Class dismissed.....".

Now let's get to some points about why I posted what I did:

1. The only reason I pointed out that I used to be a musician is that I spent a lot of time hearing the sound of real instruments. You obviously have spent even more time. It's great to hear that you have been so successful in the industry. I had to give it up due to arthritis in my hands. However I have been fortunate in my current business. It has allowed me to build a wonderful sounding system.

2. I am fortunate enough to have a relationship with the manufacturer and co-creator of the Messenger preamp. He is fortunate enough to have played in renowned orchestras. I am also fortunate that I know people in the high end audio business all around the country. I have gained tremendous knowledge and insight from these wonderful gentleman who have taken the time to teach me so much about equipment and the industry.

3. The above two lead to my third point. I purposefully made my comments rude and arrogant. For one we don't talk honestly enough about equipment on audiogon out of fear of offending someone. The fact is I wasted a lot of money when I first got into this hobby because there wasn't enough honest information out there. Secondly, there are some things in high end audio that are subjective and others that are objective. You as a musician know what a piano sounds like or a violin or a guitar So do I. How an instrument sounds live, it's very essence, is not subjective it's objective. A violin should sound like a violin not some metallic beast. The reason that I quite emphatically and passionately commented on the gear suggested by others was that they violate this rule(the objective sound of instruments). I have either had this gear in my system or heard it. It really does sound bad from that perspective. Please note I never comment on gear I have not heard. Every audiophile I have ever met wants their system to sound like the real thing. So why would I recommend something to someone that is going to take them farther from that goal?

4. This does not mean that the gear listed does not do some things that people may like such as a huge soundstage. Some people want that others don't care. So you and I agree on that point.

5.My post accomplished what I wanted it to. It got you pissed off and you responded. Now we can have a dialog about why we are in this hobby.

6. We all have to face up to the reality that there is a lot of good gear out there, but there is also a lot of crap. Let's call a spade a spade instead of pretending that every piece of equipment made sounds wonderful. That's what Stereophile and The Absolute Sound are for.

Sincerely,

Justin
Missoncoonery,

If you are in LA then come on by my place. You are more than welcome anytime. Bring any equipment over that you would like to compare or just come by for a listen to the system.

I really am not an a-hole. It's just that I had the C4's and they take work to get them to sound right but when you do it's magical.

Justin