Reference disc player...UDP 205 or Marantz?

Hey guys....
I've decided to take the plunge, and get my last reference disc player--at least for a very long time--and I'm looking for opinions on the subject.
I really wanted to get the Marantz SA-14S1, it sounds fantastic for sure, but I started to read all the glowing reviews on the Oppo UDP-205. Is it just hype, or the real thing? Is the Oppo really that rare piece of equipment that punches that far above its price? Who here has listened to the oppo and/or the Marantz? How do they compare? 
Thanks! 
jonasandezekiel

On this I am not confused.

Yes, every SACD has a standard resolution CD layer, I am not talking about this CD layer, this allows an SACD to be played on standard CD players.

Certain classical labels offer SACD’s with their Hi-Rez stereo layer in PCM, BIS Records is one such label.

Channel Classics, another state of art label, offers all their SACD’s in DSD, again we are talking about the Hi-Rez stereo layer.

Certain classical labels offer SACD’s with their Hi-Rez stereo layer in PCM, BIS Records is one such label.

I have not heard of such SACDs. So will look for others to contribute and help you out.

On this I am not confused.

Yes, every SACD has a standard resolution CD layer, I am not talking about this CD layer, this allows an SACD to be played on standard CD players.

Channel Classics, another state of art label, offers all their SACD’s in DSD, again we are talking about the Hi-Rez stereo layer.

I just went to the BIS label site and I can find no information regarding what you describe.

Perhaps you are misunderstanding the way the label records versus encodes the SACD. The BIS SACD page does indicate they record in high resolution PCM. Then they encode the PCM as DSD on SACD.

If I'm mistaken, please give me an example of what you're referring to because I'm interested in what these discs are.

SACD is encoded as DSD, in all circumstances. That's what makes it an SACD. There is no high resolution PCM on an SACD.

I think we can agree that an SACD-hybrid disc CAN have cd quality audio as an additional layer, but not higher than cd 44.1/16 bit quality.

Both are quite good, but clearly not "reference" players.  Jez sayin', and I run an Oppo CDP.  
Whitestix, I think we've pretty much brought that one to it's conclusion, but I'll say it again: one man's reference is another man's crap. It's all about what you can afford, baby.