Does It have to be loud?

Are you also under the impression that when people (or manufacturers) demo their equipment, they maintain sound pressure levels between 90-100 Dba. In general this is done in rooms being too small, and therefore the room will heavily interact with the sound heard in that room. Often, when you ask to lower the volume, the actual result is better, and –most likely- provides you with the information you were looking for. So, my question here is, do you also prefer to listen in the 90-100 dba range? Or do you –like myself- like to listen in the 70-90 dba sound pressure range? Of course, I’m referring to sound pressure levels at the listening position, which –in my case- is about 4 meter away from the speaker. 

128x128han_n
I listen at 50 to 60dB measured at listening chair.
70dB is pretty loud and I only rarely play music that loud, and 80dB peaks is as loud as I ever play music at home.(mainly opera climaxes.)
When I go to a dealer to audition they always turn it up way too loud.
I bring my phone dB meter and set it to my preferences.
People just get used to loud playing and expect it. When it is turned down they just hate it. But if you listen at lower levels all the time, your ears adjust.
It is great advantage if you only need 70 dB. It greatly reduces the cost of a system. Unfortunately it only leaves you with 80dB peaks less 30dB noise floor = 50 dB dynamic range but it does offer an advantage in that almost any system will do a pretty good job at these modest levels including Bose speakers. No need for market leading 120dB THD+N performance as it won’t be audible anyway.
I listen at 50 to 60dB measured at listening chair.

When I play Nirvana, I can listen to it at 50-60 db outside my building.
No and you can save a lot of money that way.   Wear and tear on your ears as well if you keep it below 85 db or so most of the time.  No good ears, no good sound....

It’s producing large quantities of good sound that is hardest and most expensive.