Martin Logan speakers

Are Martin Logan speakers still considered to be high quality speakers?   (I have an opportunity to buy a used pair of Vistas)   I have an old Audio Research VT130 amplifier.    Would it be a good fit with the Martin Logans?  If not, what would be better, but not outrageously expensive?   
jcder
Thank you all for these great comments.   Very informative, and much appreciated!
I have not listened to the ML Vista's, but came within inches of buying a pair of NOS Summit X's from a dealer.  I had heard the Expressions, which replaced the Summit X's and then listened to the Summit X's-- big mistake.  Martin Logan has not, and cannot, get the bass depth and timing right on these speakers.  Listening to a piano concerto, it was among the best sound I had ever heard-- from any speaker.  Put on something with a set of drums in it, or a bass guitar, and it goes right down the drain.  I walked away from a brand new set of Summit X's at $5,400 for the pair just for this reason.  The Neolith's, with their huge size (and more than $50,000 price), may have solved the bass problem.  But you didn't ask about spending $50,000 in your post.  Trust your ears :)
Here in Switzerland you see Martin Logon very often combined with big McIntosh amps. The advantage is these solid state amps can deliver 2-8 Ohm the same power. And as far as I know Martin Logan need a lot of power and are not that tube friendly (not 8 Ohm).
there's a mcintosh dealer in whittier ca. that's been around since the late 50's or so. they like matin logan speakers.
I’ve been running my Audio Research VT100 with a pair of Martin Logan Aerius for years and have thoroughly enjoyed it.