Does It have to be loud?

Are you also under the impression that when people (or manufacturers) demo their equipment, they maintain sound pressure levels between 90-100 Dba. In general this is done in rooms being too small, and therefore the room will heavily interact with the sound heard in that room. Often, when you ask to lower the volume, the actual result is better, and –most likely- provides you with the information you were looking for. So, my question here is, do you also prefer to listen in the 90-100 dba range? Or do you –like myself- like to listen in the 70-90 dba sound pressure range? Of course, I’m referring to sound pressure levels at the listening position, which –in my case- is about 4 meter away from the speaker. 

128x128han_n
@shadorne 

The article that you provided indicates: 

"Expressed as a formula, the intensity of a sound in decibels is 10 log10 (S1/S2), where S1 and S2 are the intensity of the two sounds; i.e., doubling the intensity of a sound means an increase of a little more than 3 dB."

The article I provided indicates (among other text, and significantly more comprehensive than the article you provided):

"you'll see that doubling the sound pressure gives an increase of four in the intensity, so an increase in the sound level of 6 dB, whereas doubling the power increases the intensity by a factor of two, so an increase of 3 dB."

So given your latest post there appears to be no disagreement, or any offense to Rod Serling. 

But this is very different than your statement that I disagreed with. You stated, "3 dB is twice the volume mathematically". Can you provide a link to support that (volume, not power)?

I can assure you, physical laws and the work of greats such as  Alexander Graham Bell are not in question here.
Exactly! They even tell you on the jacket of Sticky Fingers to Play This Record Loud. Duh! 
I'm afraid that my old and industrial ears (61 years old, 40 years or so working on power plants) are still too sensitive to "enjoy" music at levels way above 100 dba. I'm not sure my speakers could do that undistorted, but I also don't really want to try. May be they could, (I doubt it) but if so, it means that for sure they comfortably reach SPL up to 95 dba at listening position, which they do indeed. As stated before, most speakers won't do 107 dba undistorted at the listening position ;)
(or may be my speakers are just not up to it, I gladly accept defeat ;) 
All I know is the Doors, L.A. Woman sounds best cranked!

Absolutely!