Question for Paradigm Studio 100 owners ...

I'm having some trouble getting the proper amount of bass from my 100v.2 speakers. A fellow inmate at the Asylum suggested moving them out from the rear wall. I was wondering if any of you have experienced increased bass from your Studio 100 or similar speaker after moving them away from the rear wall? Also, how far from the wall did you have to move them to get optimum sound? Any other suggestions re: speaker placement of the Studio 100s would be appreciated. Have a great holiday and thanks for the responses.

John B
oregon3
If you have to pull out a speaker 6ft from the wall to smooth out the bass, you bought the wrong speakers for your room IMO.

I have owned the 100 V2's. They are a bit lean in bass IMO. If polarity is correct, and you played with placement, maybe try a adjustment with your manual eq (25hz, 40hz, 60hz, 80hz) if you have that option.
I've owned Studio versions one and wood sided two's. I was driving them with a big Ayre V-1xe by-wired. They were 5.5 feet out from the front wall, 6 feet apart, 1/2 inch of toe in, and spiked.

I now own a pair of used Avalon Eidolons which are hugely more expensive but their presentation shows just how glaringly poor the Paradigm design is.

In the Paradigm price range the PSB Synchrony are greatly more musical, flatter, and have a far less fatiguing upper end.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-psb-synchrony-ii-speakers-just-out-of-the-box-2012-12-22-speakers-10306-staten-island-ny

For what they are the Paradigm's bass may be their strong point. If all else fails I'd think about a subwoofer.
You might just need a sub to get the sound that you're after. I was totallyagainst them for quite awhile but now that I have a good sub properly set-up, I'll probably never go without one now. Btw, I got my sub for $350 so it wasn't a large investment. My speakers are studio 60's v5.
I also have the Studio100 v2.
I'm using a Bryston 4B SST2 amp.
Bryston BP26 preamp.
Benchmark DAC2 HGC
Transparent balanced XLR interconnects.
MIT Terminator bi-wire speaker cables.
SVS SB13 Ultra Sub
Blue Circle Noise hounds for power cleaning
The sound potential for these 100 v2's is nothing short of inspiring, personally I find the the quality of the track being played was the key factor in how the speakers revealed their true abilities.
Bob Marley "Could You be Loved" and Dire Straights "Ride Across the River" played back in FLAC format, preferably 24/192 was nothing short of bliss.
As for jazz, Arne Domnerus "Jazz at the Pawnshop" hi rez tracks is truly life like.
My audio room is approximately 18'x25' 8.5ft ceilings. the speakers are positioned in the corners approximately 2.5ft front each wall, they are separated by approximately 12' between them. If I upgrade, it might be a pair of Magnepan 3.7i mated to a pair of Pass Labs XA100.5