scientific double blinded cable test

Can somebody point to a scientific double blinded cable test?
nugat
@geoff - 
Actually, I did not intend to defend Aczel's position, as I have never personally tested it using cables with the exact same LRC characteristics.  I was merely repeating it, but I do agree it came off somewhat as a defense. 

As an aside, I recall the Naim hiline interconnect making a system-transforming difference (for the better) over the Naim standard IC and Naim attributed it primarily to the vibration-resistant connectors they used.  So there are other considerations.  Then again, the two ICs may have had very different LCRs, so there's always that.  
I take it on faith that if such a test was conducted, there would be a difference. I accept the fact that I might be wrong. Why are people so invested in their treasured beliefs?
I never said there weren’t other considerations. But directionality is certainly a prime suspect as they say in the detective business. 👀
gasbose
geoffkait:

I've always been curious about wire directionality. What causes a cable or interconnect to work better in one direction than the other?

All: Please feel free to chime in. Is there any scientific basis for this?

The most reasonable explanation is that (1) metal is a crystal structure, (2) when the metal is fabricated into wire it’s drawn through a series of progressively smaller dies, (3) the otherwise fairly homogeneous crystal structure of the copper or silver wire is physically distorted and deformed when it’s pulled through the final, not only on the surface of the wire but below the surface as well. Thus, photons have a more difficult time traveling through the conductor in one direction than the other direction. And resistance is measured as lower in the “correct direction” of the wire. 

A scientific test of this theory is simple. Reverse (unshielded) interconnects and see if they sound better one way than the other. 
@geoffkait 

Just curious... in terms of information you are writing herein in response to the OPs post, why wouldn't you just link to articles you've previously written? Wouldn't your own time spent be better served if you were to perform your own cable reversal tests, listen for any audible differences, document same, and submit your findings as opposed to essentially re-entering all of your previous post?  
https://www.stereophile.com/content/wire-directionality-how-bad-it