Dynaudio vs. Focal - Bookshelfs - Help me Decide!

Hi - first post here and trying to decide between the twice as expensive Dynaudio Special 40 and the Focal 906 bookshelf speakers. I've heard both (in different systems, different dealers) but since a month went by in between visits, I cannot say for sure that the Dyn S40s sounded twice as good and warrant paying $3,000 vs. $1,500 price tag.  These are my top 2 contenders. 

Anyone else compare these 2?  My room is 12 wide by 20 long, using 250 wpc hafler modded DH500 and Vincent tube preamp. I do have a PSB sub I can use as well. 

If I do spend $3,000 range, then perhaps the choice is between the Floorstander Focal 926 vs. the Dyn S40 bookshelf. I'd appreciate any advice, anyone who has owned these, or compared these at the same dealer side by side. Thanks very much !!
kansas400
Post removed 
I've heard the 726 side by side to the 926. The 926's are vastly better. Tighter bass, far more resolved mid-range, more precisely extended highs. 
@kansas400 

A bit more not that I've got more time...

I bought my 936's sight unseen based on the strength of hearing the 948, 926, and 726. 

If you're a whore for stellar imaging depth and detail, good luck beating the 900 series. Few speakers touch them in that regard, especially at that price. For the price of my 936's I could have landed some 1008Be's. They would have suited some of my tastes, but I wanted the bottom end grunt the 936's provided. I have no regrets. Compared to the 726's? Yeah, they're that much better. The F cone is a major improvement over polyglass. Every aspect of the sounds is better. Better definition. Better imaging. Better tone. More neutral and revealing. Plus they are built vastly better. And no, they're not bright. Not even close, unless you decide to pair them with an amp that is bright to begin with. The 936's aren't bright with my F5 unless I run low bias through the output stage. 
I am also considering the Aria 906 but I am very limited to what’s available to audition, has anyone compared them to the new Totem Acoustic Sky or Signature One? 
I just moved from the Aria 906 to the Special 40, and I found the Special 40 to be significantly better than the 906 in my system.  Using a Musical Fidelity M6si to drive them.  The 40s have much deeper bass, a clearer midrange, smoother highs, and a more cohesive sound overall.  My room is 13x16 (with bass traps and acoustic treatment), and they fit perfectly.

Of course, my ears, my system, my preferences, etc.

Best, Scott