Decision between Zu Definition OR VS DB99

Trying to decided between these two spectacular speakers. I have not listen to either of them and will not get a opportunity to do so. Hence asking for suggestion/opinions regarding these spks. My room size is 22 by 13 and basically listen to all types of music from classical to rock at quite loud volumes. The spks will be driven via Audio Aero Capitol power amp and cdp.
Thanks
nakolawala
No doubt, home trial to decide whether to keep a $9,000+ purchase consisting of two 120 lbs. columns is a marketing inhibitor to Zu finding its maximum audience. But if they go through a dealer channel, say goodbye to the $9,000 entry price, and the $2,800 tag on Druids too. If the burden of boxing speakers you decide not to keep is daunting, then perhaps a quick flight or drive to Zu HQ can get your confidence in the ballpark. Also, a little diplomatic asking might get you into the home of one of a Zu owner.

Very few people will return the speakers if they put in the time. The bigger issue is that putting something so revealing and present into an existing system can have unexpected consequences to how you perceive the quality of the rest of your gear. Especially power amps. With a Zu speaker in place, the power amp becomes the critical driver of fidelity, assuming you have at least merely competent sources.

Phil
Phil's right. The Definitions would cost as much as the Watt/Puppy 7's if they were sold at a conventional dealer margin. And the Druids would be more like $7 grand. Don't forget these speakers are 100% American made from proprietary parts. No off the shelf drivers, no Chinese parts. I'm not saying this makes them more valuable than a Chinese product, just more costly to produce.
The big irony lies in the fact that once these speakers finally gain wide acceptance, they probably will be much more expensive. The early bird gets the worm in this case.
I visited ZU on my recent trip to Utah and luckily for me Sean and Adam were planning a trip to Scottsdale, AZ this week and will install a pair of Definitions in my home March 2nd. Having them in my own environment is the best test for me. I couldn't pass up the chance to have the designers suggest proper set-up and adjustments to get them just right and actually be there to do it. I am truly looking forward to hearing this excellent speaker and giving it the time it needs to be evaluated. In the hour plus I listened to it, it was musical and satisfying. I'll leave a follow up later. If any of you audiophiles are in AZ and want to listen to them, email me.
Keep us posted on your home audition, Hifi....

Does anybody in the Chicago area have the Definitions cranking away?