Oppo Vs Esoteric

Folks,
I would like to acknowledge the fact that I have heard the Esoteric players at AXPONA and coupe of other places. But my question is how much better is a Esoteric K-07X or K-05X compared to the Oppo UDP-205? I know that the Oppo UDP-205 is a killer machine for $1300. But it is a Jack Of All Trades, while the Esoteric is (soft of) Master Of One. So in that sense, can anyone let me know if it is really worth spending $$$$$ on the Esoteric (or a Marantz SA-10 or Luxman) compared to the Oppo?
Please share your experiences if you have compared the Oppo UDP-205 to any high end CD/SACD player.
Thanks!
128x128milpai
Oppo vs Esoteric ... I mean, it’s just not a fair fight.
Presumably, there are many who would agree. And again presumably, it's for this reason (or at least one reason) that Oppo owners seek to "modify" the stock unit. But they are two different animals. As the OP correctly points out the Oppo is a jack-of-all-trade whereas the Esoteric is master of one. And depending on what the fair fight is predicated on, the Oppo could very well come out on top :)
I really like my Oppo 205 and I’m not surprised about others comparison with Esoterics entry level players , K07 & K05 .
Having owned Esoteric K03 I can say there’s a leap of overall refinement of sound quality over these entry level players from Esoteric , the K03 mid level and top end players are much different players.
Ive never listen to or watched video performance of the $2,500 ModWright version of the 205 however I really enhanced my own 205 video with Symposium Roller Blocks 2plus and purchase of WireWorld platinum starlite HDMI Cable .
Ive never listen to or watched video performance of the $2,500 ModWright version of the 205 however I really enhanced my own 205 video with Symposium Roller Blocks 2plus and purchase of WireWorld platinum starlite HDMI Cable .

If I haven't already made myself clear that video is completely out of the equation where ModWright is concerned, kindly PM me so I can forward their email which reads:

"I can assure you 100% that the video will not be affected in any way. We only improve the 2CH Analog output otherwise the entire Oppo remains stock."
Well gdhal , I was responding to the OP question , I’m sure audio playback of the ModWright oppo 205 could possibly be quiet satisfying for some however it would be truly remarkable if it rivaled the better players from Esoteric , PS Audio and EMM Labs , LoL 
I started a nearly identical thread a while ago, comparing Marantz reference line disc players to the Oppo. I was extremely suspicious of the media hype for the oppo, and many of the responses I received were similar to here. If you want two channel reference, you can’t compare a dedicated player to the Oppo. Although the Oppo is good, you get what you pay for.