Subwoofer for Ayre AX-7e?

Am I wrong or are AX-7e owners required to have subs with speaker-level inputs? I was keen on SVS and discovered that several of their models only offer line-level inputs other than their base SB1000. Looking for sealed cabinet in the $750-1000 neighborhood and feeling a bit thwarted ... suggestions?

System:
Ayre Ax-7e
Epos M5s
Rega RP8
Lehmann Decade
Schitt Yggdrasil
Cambridge CXC

Room: 10w x 10L x 8H

128x128jazztherapist
taww, I was just saying it would make a great little system.  My main system is a pair of Vandersteen Quatro CT's in Audi Havana Black, Ayre AX5/20, Ayre QX5 DAC/HP AMP/streamer, Mac mini rebuilt by Steven Nugent with Paul Hynes LPS and Steve's silver umbilical cord.  I use an Audio Quest TOTL WEL balanced interconnect, AQ Diamond USB cable and AQ Castlerock speaker cables.  I use an AQ Niagara with Basis cable for power distribution.

Upgrades on the way or about to happen include a new The Memory Player https://www.thememoryplayer.net with the built in DAC and Sam is installing a headphone amp/jack for my Empire Ears custom Phantom's.  That will replace the Ayre QX5 adn the Mac mini.  I will then be thinking about the new Vandersteen's mono blocks either run directly from TMP or with a top preamp.  I also love the new to US Gryphon integrated amps, so who knows.  

Constellation makes some great gear too.  My buddy loves his.
@ctsooner yup understood, was mostly sharing those tips more broadly. I remember your rig from another thread, sounds VERY NIICE as Borat would say. :)

Not to hijack the thread, but AX5, Pass, Constellation, Gryphon, and Chord are some of the SS amps/integrateds I’m exploring right now. I might get a Bryston in and was thinking of hearing the Simaudio 600v2, but I have a feeling the other options are more what I’m looking for.
I have experience with all of those recently.  That includes the Gryphon.  I may be able to help you find a great AX5/20 used.  feel free to email me if you want to.  ctsooner@alumni.ou.edu. 
I run two JL Audio E112’s in a 12’ x 11’ x 9’ room and they provide smooth musical bass with my 805S mains. Without the subs the bass was boomy and unnatural. Prior to moving this system into this new “small” room I was concerned the subs would be impossible to use in such tight quarters. To the contrary, they pulled the sound together and drastically improved the rooms sonic attributes. 
I have a very large room, it's about 9000 cubic feet and I have tried quite a few subs.  I brought in four different subs from SVS including the fancy Ultra SB16, a massive Paradigm 2000SW, an older vintage Def Tech 15 inch sub and finally two different offerings from Axiom Audio out of Ontario.    The reason I wanted to try the Axiom subs was because they are the manufacturer for the Bryston speakers and I have a pair of Bryston Model T's for my main speakers and they are absolutely outstanding and can take whatever you want to feed them with (I am feeding each speaker with 2000 watts RMS with a pair of M1 mono blocks running off of dedicated 240V 15 amp inputs).   The build quality of the Brystons is as good as it gets and they are built with all parts made in Canada at the Axiom facility, no Chinese parts please.   

So I first ordered in the EP500 V4 which is a sealed cabinet 12 inch driver and a 500 watts class D amp.  What I like about the Axiom amps is that the power supplies are not switching design as SVS, JL Audio, etc... most everyone uses actually; the Axiom uses a Toroid/high capacitance supply as is found in amps like the Bryson monster amps.  In fact Axiom builds the sub amps and cross overs for Bryston speakers.  Bryston of course builds all of their own power amps and they are beasts.  The dynamic head room in the Axiom Subs is amazing, the subs do not run out of gas at all.   I was so impressed with the EP500, that I decided to get the EP800, which is a huge towering sub.  It has dual 12 inch drivers and an 800 watt rms amp.  I will tell you that these subs with power ratings which are half of the others out there which I tried, are just massively more powerful.  

Compared to the SVS subs, well there isn't a comparison, the Axiom's are far more musical, more controllable and don't have odd one note bumps in the range.  These are flat, and I mean perfect.   Plus with the phase control, I can dial the subs in with the main speakers in under 15 seconds for the most perfect syncing.    I am extremely impressed and very pleased.   Plus Ian built my EP800 with a custom DSP algorithm which is switchable for a 6 db boost in the middle bass for those times I want to really put the sub into high gear.    These subs are all hand built to order, you cannot beat it.   I highly recommend reviewing their website before you spend a lot of money on any particular brand.   And by the way, there are speaker level inputs/outputs on the back in addition to unbalanced or balanced input (I use the balanced inputs, it made a substantial difference over the unbalance).