Ever Bought an Audio Product that was Stupid Good for the Money?

This is the place to share. Please no shills. 
seanheis1
Caintuck Audio's Betsy open baffle paired with a Musical Paradise MP-301 MK3 SEP amp is pretty stupid good. Add in a Chromecast Audio & Schiit DAC for a killer sub 1k system.  

Easily the best CDP I have ever used, was one that was $29.00 when on sale. Stupid because hardly anyone believed me till the small trickle of listeners started to explore and then started to collect so they would never be without. Now the Magnavox 2300 (and relatives) has got it's own audiophile cult following.

http://tuneland.forumotion.com/t332-tuning-cdp-s#6367

I'm not talking "for the money" either. You'd be shocked to find how many folks have walked away from their $20,000.00 front ends to end up with this treasure. Here's a PM sent to me just 2 days ago.

"Michael,

The speaker and IC wire is opening up nicely on my passive pre, and I used your setup for using a splitter from the Maggie to the pre amp and paradigm crossover to the sub and WOW! The Maggie is pulling detail that was previously covered up and there is more space between the players in the sound stage. And, the MGD MP sub is sounding the best that I heard with real detail in the bass region. If there is treble energy in the song, I am hearing it reflected from my ceiling as well as spreading the soundstage. And, you feel the dynamic swings in the music which was previously covered up. The passive Pre amp and the Maggie are giving the best music I have experienced in years."

And that's one of scores that I have received.

Michael Green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net

Boston Acoustics A40 speakers
Mission 707 speakers
Pioneer SP-BS-22 speakers
Second-gen AR turntable introduced in the 80s
Shure VR-15 cart
Original Kimber Cable
Vandersteen 1Bs
Vandersteen 2Cs
PS Audio Elite integrated
Carver CD player with tubes
BIC 960 belt-drive TT
Grado carts
Oppo 103 UDP
Krell s300I integrated
Primacoustic acoustic panels
Anticables ICs and speaker cables
Jim Smith's book Get Better Sound
I took the Boston Acoustics T-830s to an audio lovers meet Sunday. They amazed several attendees with how well they filled up over 1,000 sq. Ft., being quite small for floorstanders. I paid $550 for the pair in 1993. They were my true loves until I got a pair of Canton Ergo 1002DCs for $800. Although the Cantons are now my true love, I cheat with my old girlfriends. Don't tell.

I also got a pair of Genesis Physics model 7s brand new for $75. I don't know what that sales guy was thinking.
Forgot about the Acoustat 1+1s I got on an even trade for some bookshelf Klipsch. Other party was moving and couldn't take the 'stats.
Pure luck, the right place at the right time.