1K sleeper MC cart?

My Audio Technica ART9 is going to Soundsmith for a rebuild. Mine almost made it to 3 years!

I'm considering just getting another one because I've been so pleased with its performance.

Curious if any ART9 owners have found a similar "sleeper" in the same price point. I can't go
any lower(.5mv) in output. Its going on a VPI Classic table.

tablejockey
If you like Audio-Technica you can try earlier models in the ART series, i’ve been using ART-2000 and it’s a killer MC under $750. If you want something different then Fidelity-Research PMC-3 with its unique Air Core Coil is the closest to fabulous FR-7f, but much cheaper, you can find PMC-3 under $800 if you’re lucky. Use FR cartridges never have any problem with dampers. Search for J.Carr’s comments on audiogon about FR cartridges including PMC-3.

Of course the AT-ML170 MM with MicroLine stylus on Gold-paled hollow pipe Boron cantilever is a strong contender to any MC including your ART-9 in case you would like to try Moving Magnet instead. Highly recommended.
I have the AT art9 , mc cart, i am wondering when you say rebuild the cart you mean  re-tip? If so it was my understanding you cant re -tip this cart, perhaps it means you cant do it yourself, but have to send it in, anyhow if you get this rebuilt i sure would like to know the end result, price paid for service and sound of cart after work, and the company name ,tele# etc. I got about 300-400 hrs on mine so i got lots of time before it poops , but accidents can happen too. BTW i didnt have a warranty on mine , i bought it for barely over 900.00 new w/o warranty
I've had both a Dynavector XV1-S, and Benz LPS done by Soundsmith.  Both time results were the same, as good as new.  I think if you search here and other places you will find many others who also had great results.