Has Anyone Auditioned an LKS MH-DA004 DAC?

Seems like a lot of DAC for the money.  ($1450-$1600)
melm
Just to have everything in one place, the LKS costs about 1/3 the cost of the Denafrips, and 1/7 the cost of the DAVE.

Since I am the OP, perhaps it's time for me to offer my long term impressions of this DAC. I have not been a digital guy and have not compared it to other fine DACs. But recently on another forum I was asked about strengths and weaknesses of the DAC and this is how I replied:

Before the LKS I used a Lavry Black and then an Oppo 105. But being a listener mostly to vinyl they proved unsatisfactory and I found myself almost not using them. By contrast I find the LKS to give me a sense of musical event similar to my vinyl playback system, but with the usual digital advantages. Bottom line is that I enjoy listening to it easily as much as to my vinyl. First of all, perhaps due to its enormous power supply, there is a top to bottom fullness. There is also the solidity of instruments in space. You can almost reach out and touch. The quality of the bass is really fun. My earlier DACs presented the instruments to me as vapor or cardboard. Beyond that with the right material the music fills my wall from beyond the speakers and there is very good depth, a see-through quality. Using one ESS9038pro dac chip for each channel might have something to do with the spatial illusions. Like when I upgraded to a fine all tube phono pre, it differentiates more clearly between the good and the great software. Almost all of my listening now is from a laptop and HD playing ripped CDs and SACDs plus a few downloads.

As for weaknesses, as to sound I can't determine any. But I'm no digital expert. The weaknesses, as far as I am concerned have to do with the conditions of ownership. LKS (Li Ka-shing) is a small Chinese company with no international presence. Consequently ownership is a bit of an adventure. As an earlier adopter I had to address an overheating problem that the factory has since addressed. Very easily done with a few cheap heat sinks. Support from the factory is supplied by email from an English-speaking support person. Still have to deal with things like removing the Amanero board to update firmware, but not a big deal. It's simple, and the factory provides very detailed instructions in English, but for a bit of a hobbyist. For additional support I keep in touch with other owners in a thread at head-fi.
@johnnygohard,

Sounds like the LKS was very close to the Dave in your system. Could you describe what the Dave has that the LKS doesn't?
And this is with a stock LKS. Modified it is mucho better. Modded Oppo Sonica DAC even slightly better.....now I will finish the Oppo 205 mods.....that will, I am pretty sure, be as good as the Sonica. Good time for great digital sound without spending a fortune.
Correction:  In my post above I incorrectly named the small Chinese Company that designs and manufactures the LKS DACs.  It is Mu Sheng Electronics (沐声电子).