HT Proc. with 5.1 analog in, under 1k, good sound?

Hello,

I would like to add surround capabilities for movies and SACD. I'm looking for a HT Processor with an analog 5.1 in, with a good sounding analog pass-through.

I'm looking to spend under $1k used on A'Gon.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
G'Wuss
goatwuss
If you already have a HT processor you are happy with except for the lack of a 5.1 analog input ....

You may be able to have some of the idle analog inputs not in use converted to accept the 5.1 output of your source for $175

5.1 analoge upgrade

I'm sure this is not the only model that can be converted ... drop them a line and see what they say
Davehrab,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't already have a HT processor. I do have a video scaler (DVDO) that is doing all my video input switching for me, but I have nothing on the audio side for multi-channel right now.
Goat,

Check out the Cary Cinema 6 that listed today for 1,000. It has dpl II and actually sounds better than the audio refinement piece. I replaced my audio refinement with the cary cinema 6. (I also have a cary cinema 11 - nice stuff)

Mark
Msf - Thanks, I emailed the seller already regarding the Cary unit, it looks pretty nice.

I did read a luke-warm review by Christine Tham about the Cinema 6, which raised a couple of concerns.

Can the Cinema 6 apply DLP II processing to an analog input?

Can the Cinema 6 automatically remember what type of a connection is on each input? (coax, optical, analog)

Can the Cinema 6 automatically set the processing mode depending on the source? Ie. DD or DTS when appropriate without having to manually change that

Thanks
Goat,
I have been able to use dpl II on my analog tuner input, but let me double check tonight.
It does not remember which type of connection - I remember that it is in a specific order for each input though, so if you use the "first" type of connection on each it will work well - I think it is coax first but I'd have to check to be sure.
It does read the DD or DTS flags and sets itself up appropriately.
Mark