HT Proc. with 5.1 analog in, under 1k, good sound?

Hello,

I would like to add surround capabilities for movies and SACD. I'm looking for a HT Processor with an analog 5.1 in, with a good sounding analog pass-through.

I'm looking to spend under $1k used on A'Gon.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
G'Wuss
goatwuss
Davehrab,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't already have a HT processor. I do have a video scaler (DVDO) that is doing all my video input switching for me, but I have nothing on the audio side for multi-channel right now.
Goat,

Check out the Cary Cinema 6 that listed today for 1,000. It has dpl II and actually sounds better than the audio refinement piece. I replaced my audio refinement with the cary cinema 6. (I also have a cary cinema 11 - nice stuff)

Mark
Msf - Thanks, I emailed the seller already regarding the Cary unit, it looks pretty nice.

I did read a luke-warm review by Christine Tham about the Cinema 6, which raised a couple of concerns.

Can the Cinema 6 apply DLP II processing to an analog input?

Can the Cinema 6 automatically remember what type of a connection is on each input? (coax, optical, analog)

Can the Cinema 6 automatically set the processing mode depending on the source? Ie. DD or DTS when appropriate without having to manually change that

Thanks
Goat,
I have been able to use dpl II on my analog tuner input, but let me double check tonight.
It does not remember which type of connection - I remember that it is in a specific order for each input though, so if you use the "first" type of connection on each it will work well - I think it is coax first but I'd have to check to be sure.
It does read the DD or DTS flags and sets itself up appropriately.
Mark
Goat,
You can work around the not remembering which connection part if you use a universal remote as it will cycle through the inputs in a fixed order. You can have the universal remote hit the dvd input button twice to get to the second input of the dvd. I use a harmony remote with great success. This is the only real quirk with the cinema 6 that I know of. The audio refinement has 4 analog and 4 digital inputs and it uses whichever is connected to each input, but it cycles through analog 1 though 4 and then digital 1 through 4.
Hope this helps,
Mark