Soundlab speakers with sub woofers?

Hello, I'm looking for input from folks that have used Soundlab speakers or electrostat speakers with sub woofers. It's thought that the sub woofer needs to be quick in order to keep up with the speed of the panel and integrate seamlessly. Has anyone found a subwoofer(s)that was fast enough to work with an electrostat panel and more specifically Soundlab electrostats? What model of subwoofer worked well and how was the subwoofer integrated into the system?
128x128keithmundy
Post removed 
I thought I was pretty clear with my point, but maybe not. Here it is, referring to the math I posted earlier:

1) many solid state amps will not get flat frequency response- if so they will be bass shy and too bright.

Some people with transistor amps have the speaker placed closer to the rear wall than is ideal; in this way they get some bas reinforcement, but its usually a 'one note' sort of bass as the reinforcement from the wall only happens at one frequency. The speaker should be 5-6 feet from the wall for best results.

2) A solid state amp will manifest approximately 1/4 of its rated 8 ohm power specification.

Its not voltage that drives a Sound Lab. Its power. That is why I provided the link at the end of my last post.
Keithmundy,

That is exactly how I have them running. I'm using Transparent Audio super interconnects balanced signal from the pre to the subs crossed over at 40HZ. You can only sense they are on if the music has definite bottom end. It's amazing on well recorded pieces.
Post removed 
Hi Bob, You got it almost completely right in your last paragraph- right up to the last sentence... so, you said

The power dissipated by the speaker will fluctuate throughout the audio band inversely proportional to the impedance.

Which is correct. Now all you have to do is understand that the efficiency of the speaker does not also change- it is the nearly the same at all frequencies.

The Sound Lab has an impedance curve that varies by about 10:1 from bass to ultrasonic (30 ohms down to 3 ohms or less). So if the amp makes more power than it should in the highs and less than it should in the bass, it can't help but to impart a coloration.