Audio-Technica ART 7

Good day A,goners :)

I was in love with the AT OC9 III sound until I damaged it accidentally !!!!!!!!!! The needle broke off completely of the cartridge. I am looking for a replacement. 

I am wanting to stay with Audio-Technica, and looking into ART 9 and ART 7. I read the threads here and some other forums in regards to the ART 9 cart. Most likely will go for the ART 9. However, I am curious about the ART 7.

How many of you here are /were ACTUALLY using ART 7? With what phono stage and gain setting? What are the strength and limitation if you are using / used the ART 7?

I will be using it on a Project RMP 9 table with the 9cc Project arm, Simaudio Moon 310Lp phono, XLR cables (6dB additional gain) to BAT pre-amp.  

Thanks a lot for your inputs :)
Subho

128x128confuse_upgraditis
Thanks to everyone for your valuable comments and sharing your experience. I will be contacting some members who have been using the ART 7. 

@lewm - yes, I read it. Thanks a lot for sharing the details. Greatly appreciate. I look forward to reading more about the cart from your posts as it breaks in :)

If I may ask a couple more questions ..... 1) how is the surface noise with the ART 7? I am worried that the high amount of gain will also amplify surface noise and/or clicks and pops? Or does the line contact stylus go deeper into the grooves thereby avoids some surface noise? 2) Did you buy it from 2juki? Thanks again.
#2.  I bought it in Tokyo.  There is no advantage to buying in Tokyo; price was about the same as eBay. 2juki has a good reputation; I would not hesitate to buy from him.

#1. I don't believe that the audibility of "surface noise" is merely a function of the gain required to amplify the music signal.  Stylus shape and phono stage (because what we hear as surface noise is in part also due to phono stage noise) have a lot to do with it. However, the ART7 is dead quiet, if the LP is of good quality.  Same goes for any of my other cartridges on any of my other turntables and tonearms. I don't hang on to scratched or worn out LPs or LPs that have imbedded dirt that cannot be removed by a good RCM.
the only problem that 2juki sells a grey market products and all the official distributors hates him, some of the manufacturers also have no idea where he's got his cartridges from and there is NO warranty on the grey market units from him, the guy also manipulates with serial numbers. I know it for sure as we discussed the issue with some well known distributor and manufacturer. People who are looking for official warranty should never buy anything from 2juki. If it's Audio-Technica products then you can't send it to AT or AT's distributors for service, they can easily check by serial numbers.